• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 210 FSH Sport ROUGH SEAS Packery Channel Texas

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice, flying the JB.net flag. Who is this Greg having all the fun?

Last edited:

GermanAR230

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dude... I can only imagine the conversation (lack off) on the drive home. Glad you live to tell the tail. Stay safe!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Pretty amazing tech to be able to get that footage.

In my experience cameras don’t capture the pucker factor of things like this…he seemed to be pretty competent in handling the boat in those waves. And he had his 210 pretty tricked out!

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Definitely hoping he’s on here and shares how he got the footage.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
WOW......That's the way to break it in. Hope your honey is better now

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great video!

Did he really need radar to know that he was heading straight at the beach there?

Manny252

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This gentleman unintentionally (and successfully?) addressed the "can a 210 FSH handle..." question:

WOW, THAT HAS TO BE THE BEST HOMEMADE BOATING VIDEO I HAVE EVER SEEN ! GREAT JOB AND COOL WIFE YA HAVE THERE , AND O YEAH ,,,,, AND MINT BOAT !!!!!!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome - is that drone footage or mounted on the boat somewhere?

Maybe the better question is “can the wife handle”

Last edited:

Carolina Rob

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
He did seem like a very experienced Captain and survived all of those crazy waves. I do not have much experience handling larger waves in saltwater: most of my 30 years of boating has been in fresh water. I was taught (perhaps erroneously) that you should aim for taking those types of waves head- on. Not a critique at all of his skill, but it did seem like he took some of those waves from the side, which nearly rolled his boat. He may not have had much of a choice under the circumstances. I am new to my Yamaha 210 FSH and I am slowly beginning to venture more away from the sound into rougher seas. Your thoughts? Should you try to take those waves head-on?

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
He did seem like a very experienced Captain and survived all of those crazy waves. I do not have much experience handling larger waves in saltwater: most of my 30 years of boating has been in fresh water. I was taught (perhaps erroneously) that you should aim for taking those types of waves head- on. Not a critique at all of his skill, but it did seem like he took some of those waves from the side, which nearly rolled his boat. He may not have had much of a choice under the circumstances. I am new to my Yamaha 210 FSH and I am slowly beginning to venture more away from the sound into rougher seas. Your thoughts? Should you try to take those waves head-on?
I wouldn’t take the waves head on. Too easy to bury the bow and depending on the wave period the next wave could make it worse. As I recall the video he was heading into the waves. I would take them at 30 degrees, slow down and try to ride the back of the wave…easier said than done.
Heading with the waves get on the back of the wave near the bottom and control speed to stay in that position.
If the wave direction and period allows you can ride in the troth between the waves.
There are YouTube videos explaining these techniques, but I haven’t seen one in seas like this guy encountered. Would like to see one! Any volunteers?

ShireRider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow!! He kept his cool. I think that would have been the last time my wife steps foot on my boat.