• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Boat Loans Sold From Synchrony to Yamaha Motor Finance

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I want to thank everyone that called in and made the effort. I didn't have to do a single thing and everything was corrected before my next payment was due. I don't think I am entitled to anything because of that, but hey if they want to comp a month - I am all in lol.

The longer I live, the more I realize that doing nothing is extremely underrated.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The longer I live, the more I realize that doing nothing is extremely underrated.
I was one of the many whose payment jumped during the transfer, no late, missing, or late payment. I managed to log in and make one inflated payment online. I chose to do nothing until after I was certain all the information from Synchrony was transferred. I had checked Monday and the payment was still incorrect. Checked it just now and the issue with the inflated payment appears rectified. Hopefully it stays that way. Behold the power of doing nothing!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was one of the many whose payment jumped during the transfer, no late, missing, or late payment. I managed to log in and make one inflated payment online. I chose to do nothing until after I was certain all the information from Synchrony was transferred. I had checked Monday and the payment was still incorrect. Checked it just now and the issue with the inflated payment appears rectified. Hopefully it stays that way. Behold the power of doing nothing!

Did you make a payment through the Yamaha website, or did you pay by phone? If through the website, did it all post properly,and look right?

I'm about to make my February payment online, and was hoping you had some good feedback on that.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did you make a payment through the Yamaha website, or did you pay by phone? If through the website, did it all post properly,and look right?

I'm about to make my February payment online, and was hoping you had some good feedback on that.
I made a payment online thru the Yamaha site and everything went through fine and was processed in a day.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I see I can pay by credit card now .... is it that like a normal credit charge or like a cash withdraw charge? I want some points!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Yes, thru the site and set up the automatic payment at the same time.

sananvet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Finally managed to login and pay. Showed 6 days late. Everything else correct. Interesting that I did nothing different than previous attempts. It simply worked this time. Perhaps a light at the end of the tunnel.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got them to remove the bogus NSF charge. But the idiot still was trying to tell me i still owed for January. WTF the guy was looking at the same Fing screen as me and could see it was messed up. I proved i paid enough for January and February and shouldn't owe till March but it shows i dont even owe for March.
I finally got a supervisor and he is escalating this to get it straightened out.
They better get it fixed soon

Lovewater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Other

I was able to make my payment on their website www.yamaha.1stassociates.com, I used my old Synchrony account number and added the “YM-“in front of it. I was told that I didn’t have to register, your user ID is your full account number YM- & your password is the last digits of your social. If you can’t login they have another phone number listed 866-719-3902 to get help. Good luck

Roger.P

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was finally able to log in today, but the site doesn't show the loan, what's due or anything. I just went ahead and sent a payment to the address on the letter they sent me. This was done pretty badly, a company like Yamaha dropping the ball like this.
Let's see what happens.

EDIT: Just received a statement in the mail, my January payment sent to Synchrony is not reflected there, and my payment went up 50 dollars... WTF... I called the line and it says over 60 minutes wait... this sure has put a negative note on my boating experience...

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 6.53.12 PM.png

Last edited:

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Has anyone requested and received any type of compensation from Yamaha for this mess? Other than a worthless apology. I Typically don’t care because I know stuff happens, but this one was a cluster from top to bottom and was highly avoidable.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks Everyone for the Information!! I waited it out and was able to finally login in and all payments and rates are in order. For Yamaha what a horrible interface website...maybe a little more planning before they shoved us all into oblivion for a month or two...not impressed at all.
Happy Boating!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Everyone for the Information!! I waited it out and was able to finally login in and all payments and rates are in order. For Yamaha what a horrible interface website...maybe a little more planning before they shoved us all into oblivion for a month or two...not impressed at all.
Happy Boating!
Mine is all back to normal as well. Glad they fixed it, was a few weeks of "WTF Yamaha" in there for certain.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Happy Boating!
It's actually better than the Synchrony website... which was "non existant" but agree on the sentiments that it was an absolutely horrid transition

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just wondering how this might impact future financing with Yamaha. We plan to pick the boat up at the end of Feb and have been approved for the 1.99% for 60 months on the Yamaha promotion.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will they still offer 180 months is a great question. I liked having a smaller payment with option to payoff chunks.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Will they still offer 180 months is a great question. I liked having a smaller payment with option to payoff chunks.
I know our dealer asked us to review multiple financing terms through other banks so we could take the YES warranty. Term lengths went up to 20 years with rates of 3-7%. When I ran the numbers it just worked out better for us to take the shorter term and lower percentage rate. We also have the option of picking up the YES warranty during the first year.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We're the same way. Took the 180mo term. Been paying extra along the way here and there. The tiny payments have helped during a job change already. That flexibility is worth the potential for a longer term for us.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
With the depreciation on boats just make sure your not underwater if you find yourself needing to sell it. It may depreciate faster that your principle balance declines with these longer term loans.