• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Yamaha finance fun

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Small rant.

At the beginning of November, Yamaha sent info that their payment services would be changing and to expect info "soon" about the new site and account information.

The letter was extremely clear that I should not remit payment through the old portal and that autopay (usually on the 20th of each month for me) would not carry over.

On November 17, I received a letter with new account info and instructions to setup my new account. Things were so new that the amount due wasn't even visible. I got autopay setup and let it go.

Today I checked my bank statement and noticed that there was never a charge as expected on or around the 20th, so I logged into the Yamaha page and saw double my usual amount due plus a $10 late fee.

The agent tells me that Autopay needs to be setup 10 days before the scheduled date, or it won't go through - information that I do not recall seeing in the mailer or on the website itself.

I called in to figure out what to do and made a payment over the phone to account for the overdue payment and the agent input that payment; I got the email verification and noticed that the agent had entered an amount $1 less than what was due. Fortunately I was on the phone and had him make another charge.

Right as I was ending the call, I noticed that my autopay status had changed from ACTIVE to INACTIVE during the call. I reactivated it, but now I will have to watch closely again to see what happens.

Hopefully this gets sorted, I'd rather not have to check on this monthly.

End rant :)

Small rant.

At the beginning of November, Yamaha sent info that their payment services would be changing and to expect info "soon" about the new site and account information.

The letter was extremely clear that I should not remit payment through the old portal and that autopay (usually on the 20th of each month for me) would not carry over.

On November 17, I received a letter with new account info and instructions to setup my new account. Things were so new that the amount due wasn't even visible. I got autopay setup and let it go.

Today I checked my bank statement and noticed that there was never a charge as expected on or around the 20th, so I logged into the Yamaha page and saw double my usual amount due plus a $10 late fee.

The agent tells me that Autopay needs to be setup 10 days before the scheduled date, or it won't go through - information that I do not recall seeing in the mailer or on the website itself.

I called in to figure out what to do and made a payment over the phone to account for the overdue payment and the agent input that payment; I got the email verification and noticed that the agent had entered an amount $1 less than what was due. Fortunately I was on the phone and had him make another charge.

Right as I was ending the call, I noticed that my autopay status had changed from ACTIVE to INACTIVE during the call. I reactivated it, but now I will have to watch closely again to see what happens.

Interesting information. I'm 0.00% (is negative percent an option) surprised that Yamaha Financial has borked something up. Every single interaction I have with them is less than confidence inspiring, and everything from loan origination through to current day has been some level of a shitshow. There aren't enough words for me to express how strongly I feel about the BS of that company.

For the last 24 months, we've had a flawless experience, but this was ridiculous.

For the last 24 months, we've had a flawless experience, but this was ridiculous.
It was a shit show when they sold all the loans from Synchrony to Yamaha Financial

After a shitty "bait and switch" experience during origination, then the sell away from Synchrony (which flubbed/incremented everyone's account number by 5), and the myriad of horror stories about getting a lien release from them; I'll never do business with them again, nor will I recommend anyone use them to finance.

Oof. Yea, I remember that thread; what a mess. What shocked me was that when I called in, they claimed that I had no email on file in their new system... AS I WAS LOOKING AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS IN THEIR NEW SYSTEM :D

Also, they sent me payment receipts to those email addys, but the balance hasn't changed in their portal yet. This is gonna be fun!

Oof. Yea, I remember that thread; what a mess. What shocked me was that when I called in, they claimed that I had no email on file in their new system... AS I WAS LOOKING AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS IN THEIR NEW SYSTEM :D

Also, they sent me payment receipts to those email addys, but the balance hasn't changed in their portal yet. This is gonna be fun!
Good luck buddy. Hope it works out well!

I'm sure it'll be fine, I'll just need to hound them for a while until it all settles down.

Ha yeah I got logged in made a manual payment on Nov 16th.... Forgot all about it, then noticed on Dec 9th the payment finally came out. Double check the website the same day... Yup it in fact said paid Nov 16th, I have my next payment scheduled to come out tomorrow. We shall see when it actually debts my account.

I did my loan through us bank…talk about a debacle with the first payment … long story short I called, let me repeat that, I called to make sure the first payment went through properly, after several days and roughly 6 csr’s that knew nothing they put on the phone with “collections” and the guy was treating me like I was defaulting on my first loan payment… I’m a very patient man, but at that point o lost my shit! All of them said they didn’t know where my payment was blah blah.

Went down to the local branch and the branch manager was horrified at my story and she corrected it on the spot. I have never in my life dealt with a more incompetent organization than us bank. Had to make another payment on the spot but it got sorted.

Then about a week later in the mail comes a notification that my original payment had been returned to my bank. Jumpin jee hosifat !

All that to say, this type of experience is not limited to Yamaha finance.

Ha yeah I got logged in made a manual payment on Nov 16th.... Forgot all about it, then noticed on Dec 9th the payment finally came out. Double check the website the same day... Yup it in fact said paid Nov 16th, I have my next payment scheduled to come out tomorrow. We shall see when it actually debts my account.
I make manual payments through the portal each month and print the confirmation to PDF. Probably overkill, but I trust them about as far as I can throw them, and I'm WAY out of shape!

This is what has happened with mine… Never got charged right away when I manually made a payment.. it was like 3 weeks later…

Small rant.

I had AutoPay on the old system and didn't pay attention that the system had changed until I checked my checking account and the monthly payment was not deducted. I called them to make the payment and they voided the late fee.

I had AutoPay on the old system and didn't pay attention that the system had changed until I checked my checking account and the monthly payment was not deducted. I called them to make the payment and they voided the late fee.
Exactly why I make manual payments every month. Only auto payments I have set up are the ones that require me too... Like military dental, guess what I got a past due notice about a week ago for that. Log in all my credit card info was still valid, no Idea why it wasn't going through, auto pay said on. Made a manual payment with said stored card and I guess we'll see next month if the auto pay goes through. All these systems are ridiculous.

I never give these companies access to my bank account but would gladly give American Express if that is an option.
Instead I either send it manually or set up bank payments to them. Problem is that you need to make sure you update address and account number when they change it.
One company made a change that I missed but somehow they kept applying my payment to new account for the whole year till I noticed. Seems some better than others.

Small rant.

New systems always take time, hope it smooths out.

On a side note, we have a house rented at Long Lake 3rd week of June next year. We should try hook up.

We just bought our '23, set up autopay and made payment as expected for exactly 1 month. Set up the new payment like you did and moved on. I get a call from their collections department that I'm a month behind, charged a fee, and might as well pay December ahead of time too. First late payment of any kind I've had, what a pain.

All set up again, we'll see how this goes. I've had a bunch of mortgages sold but never a loan.

Back