• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195S wont accelerat over 20

cory9010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
pulled hoses from both ends of super charger and are clear

evoixmr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Do you have to hold your throttle? Does it drop when you let it go?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you buy the boat new?
Has it run correctly in the past?

I still think it is a SC / boost pressure problem. There was a member here recently that checked the SC and it only spun one direction but in the end I think he found after closer inspection that one of his SC hoses had come off of the intercooler…can’t remember if that guy closed the loop by giving us the follow up report.

Every single post I’ve seen about SC boats that won’t rev over 5500 rpm’s has its problems traced back to a lack of boost pressure. I see you’ve checked the hoses going to and from the intercooler, correct? Have you checked the intake manifold for tightness?

To your comment about the engine being hot after 10-15 mins of operation, that sounds kind of normal, I assume you are not getting any alarms on your gauges?

cory9010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
No it stays wherever I let go. I can push to about 80 percent and it will continue to climb to around the 5500 rpm and hover there when I push further it feels like there is no more thrust but continues to cruise 4800-5500.

Hoses are good, haven't checked intake it self

I did preorder from Yamaha and receive new in July 2021 and ran great rest of season and almost all of last season I noticed issue last couple weeks of season but kinda just hoped cleaning the intake grate and everything real good would solve

cory9010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
When I looked the foam was there but not touching intake

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Check to make sure the foam in the engine compartment is not getting sucked into the Air Intake, that has been an issue for some with the foam on the front of the engine compartment.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When I looked the foam was there but not touching intake
The foam would be loose near the intake so it gets sucked to the airbox. You wont see it at idol as the foam falls back into place.

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The foam would be loose hear the intake so it gets sucked to the airbox. You wont see it at idol as the foam falls back into place.
That problem is one for the books! Sneaky sneaky!

Great catch I had totally forgotten about this one.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That problem is one for the books! Sneaky sneaky!

Great catch I had totally forgotten about this one.
Me too. Helping another user on FB with similar issue so its fresh on my mind.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Totally unrelated… my friend works on, provides assistance to the field techs, on big portable generators. Recently there was a problem and it was finally tracked down to the internal pieces of the muffler, apparently one of the baffles in the muffler had broken loose and will move up and block the exhaust outlet at full power, cause a shutdown, then fall back to the bottom. It didn’t help that the tech failed to mention that the exhaust line was blowing off with each shutdown..

cory9010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
So only had time to stop by the dock a minute tonight but all of the glue on bottom of foam was dry this is starting to feel hopeful haha hoping to get in and test Friday

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So only had time to stop by the dock a minute tonight but all of the glue on bottom of foam was dry this is starting to feel hopeful haha hoping to get in and test Friday
3m 90 spray adhesive will hold it for good. I ordered from Amazon but found Walmart near me has it too.

cory9010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Does the piece even need to be there ?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score