• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How is everyone holding up in the Cold Season

Oscarab78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
I dont know about yall, but this cold season keeping me off the lake is killing me. I have to just look out and stare at my boat. Anyone else stir crazy?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My Winter hobby seems to be coming up with new ways to avoid tiling our two downstairs bathrooms and laying 2,400 square feet of laminate on the main level of our home. All of which has been sitting in my garage since last year! 😆

Jim

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m just happy it’s above freezing the next 15 days including mid 50s come beginning of Feb; that’s amazing weather in Iowa so I’ll take it. I’m slowly buying some stuff for the boat when it comes out of storage in about two months! Only good thing about Winter is it’s our saving and planning season. Paid off the truck two months ago. By June we will have my student loans paid off and the boat paid off 7 years early lol. A trip to Lake of the Ozarks will be paid for in the next few weeks as well.

The countdown is on though, it’ll be boating weather before we know it.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was down in the 60's for a few days but we survived the SWFL winter.....back into the 80's now.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boating has slowed but not ground to a complete halt. Took the cover off a while back, wiped down the interior and checked things over. I’ve got enough to keep me busy until the water warms up a bit.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I cook and bake to pass the time away. While baking I can look out at our canal to see what water fouls are swimming and the hat from the oven does make the kitchen warmer. So Sunday I made a six layer chocolate cake with vanilla cream sauce and a ganache topping which I let drizzle down the sides.
DSC06241.jpegDSC06245.jpegDSC06240.jpeg

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here in Northeast PA, its been rather calm. Slightly depressing for what we are used to with the snow. Only one real snow fall, other than that a ton of rain and temps that keep going up and down. Its great for getting sick but other then that it stinks. I'd much rather have it be snowing and cold or warm and on the lake.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here in Northeast PA, its been rather calm. Slightly depressing for what we are used to with the snow. Only one real snow fall, other than that a ton of rain and temps that keep going up and down. Its great for getting sick but other then that it stinks. I'd much rather have it be snowing and cold or warm and on the lake.
We’ve got the same thing going on the left coast. Sucks…..I’m getting tired of “mild”. Even the passes are raining now. We went from 11* to 52* in a week and a ton of rain. Washington is depressingly grey these days 😞.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bi polar weather this season, cold, slight warm up, three bonus days of boating, then really cold, -25° on the porch cold, now mid 40’s, going up to low 60’s, pretty much normal, low to mid 20’s overnight. Beautiful days really. Lakes are still frozen over… The pattern is supposed to go back more wintry conditions around the end of the month. Looking forward to Broncs and Breakfast and the stock show in a couple weeks, then the outdoor show. My boat will be at the canvas shop in another week or so to get the oem mooring modified to fit over the anchor roller we installed, perhaps a camper canvas for the bow, and some isenglass for the helm station for those cold and or rainy days. Got a bunch of new Brads cut plugs, just need to rig those up to prep for the upcoming season.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Bi polar weather this season, cold, slight warm up, three bonus days of boating, then really cold, -25° on the porch cold, now mid 40’s, going up to low 60’s, pretty much normal, low to mid 20’s overnight. Beautiful days really. Lakes are still frozen over… The pattern is supposed to go back more wintry conditions around the end of the month. Looking forward to Broncs and Breakfast and the stock show in a couple weeks, then the outdoor show. My boat will be at the canvas shop in another week or so to get the oem mooring modified to fit over the anchor roller we installed, perhaps a camper canvas for the bow, and some isenglass for the helm station for those cold and or rainy days. Got a bunch of new Brads cut plugs, just need to rig those up to prep for the upcoming season.
Definitely want to see pics if you install camper canvas and isinglass to the helm station!

Jim

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Crappy weather here. Wish it would stay cold or warm and not jump around every week. Raining now.

CE7BFE9E-7B06-49D6-9411-9DF710CBD5C6.jpeg

We have been prepping for the delivery/relocation of the catamaran from Newport, RI. to Burlington, VT this Spring. Hired a Captain friend of ours, taught all levels of classes at the ISS-International sailing school in Malletts bay. He is currently a charter Captain in the Caribbean. He finishes a delivery to Newport around the time we are planning to make the trip. Hope it all goes well.

Meanwhile, a lot of reading.

95051D76-1A93-47A8-AD92-08153031EDFD.jpeg

Been ordering a few things for the refit, but I really need it here before I get too deep into it.

Last edited:

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We’ve got the same thing going on the left coast. Sucks…..I’m getting tired of “mild”. Even the passes are raining now. We went from 11* to 52* in a week and a ton of rain. Washington is depressingly grey these days 😞.
It stinks, its so wet and depressing. Normally white and cheerful. Never realized how much I relied on the snow to brighten the winter up so much.

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you are going to be completely ready for anything coming at you weather wise, thats great. We talked to a shop here locally about making something for wet weather but they were not up to the challenge. does your shop do long distance work?

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Crappy weather here. Wish it would stay cold or warm and not jump around every week. Raining now.

View attachment 214195

We have been prepping for the delivery/relocation of the catamaran from Newport, RI. to Burlington, VT this Spring. Hired a Captain friend of ours, taught all levels of classes at the ISS-International sailing school in Malletts bay. He is currently chartering in the Caribbean. He finishes a delivery to Newport around the time we are planning to make the trip. Hope it all goes well.

View attachment 214201

Been ordering a few things for the refit, but I really need it here before I get too deep into it.
Good Luck! That should be a fun trip,...I suspect youll keep us posted with pictures along the way.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

View attachment 214195

We have been prepping for the delivery/relocation of the catamaran from Newport, RI. to Burlington, VT this Spring. Hired a Captain friend of ours, taught all levels of classes at the ISS-International sailing school in Malletts bay. He is currently chartering in the Caribbean. He finishes a delivery to Newport around the time we are planning to make the trip. Hope it all goes well.

View attachment 214201

Looks like you could host a great Ice Cross event on that driveway right now...

1706277717997.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So you are going to be completely ready for anything coming at you weather wise, thats great. We talked to a shop here locally about making something for wet weather but they were not up to the challenge. does your shop do long distance work?
I can ask them but it might be tough…only a handful of Yamaha boats around here. Most of the time these shops want the boat to do this kind of work.

I’d like to get a sun shade for the front ad rear as well… a couple of folks on here have used the Ocean South stuff to do that on my boat. Have you looked at their site to see if they have anything to fit your needs ?

Just did a quick search and found this link…

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can ask them but it might be tough…only a handful of Yamaha boats around here. Most of the time these shops want the boat to do this kind of work.

I’d like to get a sun shade for the front ad rear as well… a couple of folks on here have used the Ocean South stuff to do that on my boat. Have you looked at their site to see if they have anything to fit your needs ?

Just did a quick search and found this link…

I havent, but I will, thank you. I just want to do something that will attach to the tower and roll down in rain just one layer of protection from the sting of rain drops on your face.

Last edited: