• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195 FSH 60" or 72" and 24v or 36v trolling motor??

IamJoHo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I see most people are using the 60" 24v trolling motors on their 195. Question is now that you have been using it would you still recommend that size and thrust? I see people are talking about issues with the boat staying on spot lock in current/wind. Could that be a lack of power? And those that are using theirs in the ocean/bay do you ever find your 60" coming out of the water when its a bit rougher?

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
190 fsh sport with 60"/24v it is more than suitable for my boat. Only time it didnt hold when i was at the mouth of the inlet with > 10mph current. i think it mine could hold about 8mph current tops on my estimate. As for the length of shaft, it never goes out of the water but max wave i go out is 2-3ft. You wouldn't be out if there is 5 ft wave.

IamJoHo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
190 fsh sport with 60"/24v it is more than suitable for my boat. Only time it didnt hold when i was at the mouth of the inlet with > 10mph current. i think it mine could hold about 8mph current tops on my estimate. As for the length of shaft, it never goes out of the water but max wave i go out is 2-3ft. You wouldn't be out if there is 5 ft wave.
Ive been out in 5ft+ but it wasn't by choice and I definitely wouldn't be using a trolling motor in it. Are dropping the motor as low as it can go when you are using it?

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ive been out in 5ft+ but it wasn't by choice and I definitely wouldn't be using a trolling motor in it. Are dropping the motor as low as it can go when you are using it?
Majority of my anchor lock is in shallow water so i dont want to hit bottom, 60" shaft is long only offshore i drop it all the way down when im in really deep water. Oh and I forgot to mention, it does go out of the water when a big boat pass by and create massive wake (r1ch a**holes lol). Other than that it is good. I dont think I ever seen a post here for a 19 footer with 72" shaft that would be too long and extra weight you dont want to carry around. Trust me, if you are installing quick disconnects to secure your trolling motor inside house/garage, its heavy lol.

IamJoHo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Majority of my anchor lock is in shallow water so i dont want to hit bottom, 60" shaft is long only offshore i drop it all the way down when im in really deep water. Oh and I forgot to mention, it does go out of the water when a big boat pass by and create massive wake (r1ch a**holes lol). Other than that it is good. I dont think I ever seen a post here for a 19 footer with 72" shaft that would be too long and extra weight you dont want to carry around. Trust me, if you are installing quick disconnects to secure your trolling motor inside house/garage, its heavy lol.
Yeah I think youre right. I'll stick with 60" still considering the 112lb trust though.

I know what you mean. I have been fishing off the channel in Stiltsville recently and have had some massive boats come through not on plane but still moving with the stern just digging in and bow pointed towards the sky and at one point I was worried their wake was going to toss my ass off or roll the boat.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah I think youre right. I'll stick with 60" still considering the 112lb trust though.

I know what you mean. I have been fishing off the channel in Stiltsville recently and have had some massive boats come through not on plane but still moving with the stern just digging in and bow pointed towards the sky and at one point I was worried their wake was going to toss my ass off or roll the boat.
I have the 112# thrust and 60” RipTide Ulterra on my 210… you can de tune the thrust for spot lock use in the remote. Get the IMAP version..