• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195fsh sport trolling motor and gps/fish finder

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I see…. I have the OEM Mount like you do, and the MinnKota quick release is mounted to it. Never really looked at the quick disconnect other than to set the motor on it and attach the bar with the two pins on it.
ok I think I need to get my minn kota first then shop for what I need.

ShireRider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok thanks I’m planning on installing myself so just trying to get as much info on what I need to buy, i have time since minn Kota riptide is not in stock anywhere. I’m referring to the factory mount where the minn kota quick release is mountedView attachment 152418
Is this a dealer option or does it come with a 195fsh?

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I see…. I have the OEM Mount like you do, and the MinnKota quick release is mounted to it. Never really looked at the quick disconnect other than to set the motor on it and attach the bar with the two pins on it.
I just bought the MKA-53 mount for my 36v Terrova, and am going to install this week. It looks like I will have to drill 4 holes for the quick release mount into the existing stock mount. Did you have the dealer install the quick release mount or was this something you did yourself?

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@the_stiver Just checked out their website, their prices look decent and in line. Found a couple things I will be ordering from them.

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@the_stiver Just checked out their website, their prices look decent and in line. Found a couple things I will be ordering from them.
Yeah they are tax free too. Got a Terrova TM and a Garmin 93sv with the transducer.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just bought the MKA-53 mount for my 36v Terrova, and am going to install this week. It looks like I will have to drill 4 holes for the quick release mount into the existing stock mount. Did you have the dealer install the quick release mount or was this something you did yourself?
The dealer did it as part of the overall package.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I havent finished my installation yet but here's what I found out. You can only use 3 bolt to mount the quick release block, The holes aligned with the MKA-53 mount, so when you mount the factory mount in the boat, the protruding screw head needs space. Im planning on making more indent in the plastic mount that attach to the trolling motor and get a shorter screw.

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I havent finished my installation yet but here's what I found out. You can only use 3 bolt to mount the quick release block, The holes aligned with the MKA-53 mount, so when you mount the factory mount in the boat, the protruding screw head needs space. Im planning on making more indent in the plastic mount that attach to the trolling motor and get a shorter screw.
I installed the base last night. The Dealer attached the Yamaha Trolling Motor bracket with 5 fasteners which makes sense due to the orientation and accessibility underneath. The base-to-bracket (quick release block) adds 4 fasteners (my install was able to use all 4) but I will need to fill the 3 holes adapter-to-trolling motor not used now.

Super easy install but I have a slight bind that was mitigated by using magic silicone spray! I can post a pic if this is too confusing.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I installed the base last night. The Dealer attached the Yamaha Trolling Motor bracket with 5 fasteners which makes sense due to the orientation and accessibility underneath. The base-to-bracket (quick release block) adds 4 fasteners (my install was able to use all 4) but I will need to fill the 3 holes adapter-to-trolling motor not used now.

Super easy install but I have a slight bind that was mitigated by using magic silicone spray! I can post a pic if this is too confusing.
yes please post pic when you can.

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The flat head fasteners that were with the kit were long enough going thru the mount and hull, I have about a 1/2 thread through the lock nut. I park it in the garage and normally trailer the boat but we will be doing several Airbnb's soon and dont want to leave it on the boat overnight. The yamaha cover should fit over the mount now with the motor off.

Attachments

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The flat head fasteners that were with the kit were long enough going thru the mount and hull, I have about a 1/2 thread through the lock nut. I park it in the garage and normally trailer the boat but we will be doing several Airbnb's soon and dont want to leave it on the boat overnight. The yamaha cover should fit over the mount now with the motor off.
Thank you I dont think mine came with a flat head fastener but im looking for it now. I have the 80# thrust though maybe thats why.

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thank you I dont think mine came with a flat head fastener but im looking for it now. I have the 80# thrust though maybe thats why.
My MKA-53 kit had a bag of stainless flat heads included in a clear plastic bag