• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

20 AMP Fuse / Electronics shut down

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a yellow 20 amp fuse (middle fuse next to batteries) that continues to pop. The motors works but all electronics shut down. I haven't done anything different. This just randomly started. Batteries tested fine. any suggestions?

Thanks!

I have a yellow 20 amp fuse (middle fuse next to batteries) that continues to pop. The motors works but all electronics shut down. I haven't done anything different. This just randomly started. Batteries tested fine. any suggestions?

Thanks!
Do you have the shop / service manual? If so have you checked the wiring diagram to see what that 20A fuse feeds ?

Is there a label on the wires that go to that fuse?

I’d have to go out to the shop and get my manual to check it out, I just remember there being a 30A fuse in the fuse box on the front of the engine… my best guess would be that fuse feeds all of the rocker switches on the dash.

Do the bilge blowers still work? Does the fuse blow as soon as you turn on the battery switches?

It runs for about 5 minutes or so and then blows. everything stops working except the engines (bilges and blower do not work). I have a manual. will track it down. any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Does the fuse blow even with none of the affected accessory items on / rocker switches off?
If the answer to the above question is no then try turning on one item at a time to see if you can tie the blowing fuse to one particular item.

Does the fuse blow when you are just sitting still or in motion?
If so then that would indicate you have a wire that has rubbed through and allowing current to flow directly between the positive to the negative somewhere.

I’d suggest putting a multimeter in line to check the amperage but most multi meters are not rated for anything above 10 A. If you had a smart shunt on your boat you could see how many amps each device is pulling when turned on, perhaps something to think about adding.

I wonder if this fuse is the feed to the factory bilge pump on the automatic side? I know there are three fuse holders in there right next to the batteries and it seems like pulling the smaller fuse marked bilge didn’t shut the oem bilge pump off in auto mode, I could be wrong about that, I shut the oem auto bilge function off to test the auto function of my additional bilge pump as the water level has to be a little higher before it turns on when on the trailer. Anyway the oem bilge pump wires on my boat are exposed in that they are not covered with that alligator sheathing.

Back