• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2013 AR192 Throttle smoothness fine tuning

chouinam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My throttle works well with no real big issues. My son started wakeboarding this past week and I noticed that it's hard to fine tune the throttle.

While traveling at 3800 RPM, when I nudge the throttle a little it either speeds up a little and then settles back at 3800 RPM, or if I nudge it just a little more, it jumps up to 4200RPM. It behaves the same way when lowering the speed and settles at 3500 RPM.

Later we were pulling a tube and had the same issues at higher RPMs, 5800 with the next step being 6200 RPM.

If this is normal, just let me know. If there is a way to make the throttle smoother where I can adjust it in 100 RPM increments, please let me know any ideas of what I should adjust.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried using the cruise assist button?

I read the manual 3 years ago when I purchased the boat and always interpretted it as "No wake cruise assist" as to mean it would only assist while in Wake mode. Now going back and reading it again, I see it works in Wake mode and Cruise mode.

That will help a lot and why I rely on this group.

But let's say I want to start at 4000 RPM and not 3800 or 4200 RPM. Am I asking for to much from the throttle to be that precise for me to adjust to directly, or is there something I can adjust so I can set the throttle at any RPM before using Cruise Assist?

You have 8 steps up and 8 steps down from the set throttle position with the cruise assist. I set mine at 6000 rpm and use it almost exclusively for throttle control while cruising… it is very very helpful when there are waves and you are bouncing around a bit.

I think the cruise assist makes rpm changes in 150 rpm increments. Go out and try it and I think you will be able to make that work for you quite well.

The cruise assist button is used for both no wake, and cruise control.
No wake mode works when the throttle is in the first detent position. The no wake mode will increment up 3 settings from idle speed (about 100-200 rpm each step).
Cruise assist works between 3000 rpm and 7000 rpm. There are 8 steps up/down at approximately 100-200 rpm each step.

Back