• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Starved Rock to Peoria Run, Sunday Oct 8

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey @swatski ... you better change that tentative to a DEFINITE so Olivia can hangout with the girls again!

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We might be in.... We have to see how the Friday and Saturday pan out, we'll be in the QC (Iowa) Friday and Saturday, might just bring the boat along.

Also, for lunch, the Burger Barge in East Peoria is a pretty great joint, over by paradise beach (https://www.facebook.com/Paradice-Beach-Illinois-River-150013058356469/)! Easily accessible by boat too, with piers and docks. Peoria was my old stompin grounds and boated that river a LOT!!

upload_2017-9-6_17-58-31.png

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We might be in.... We have to see how the Friday and Saturday pan out, we'll be in the QC (Iowa) Friday and Saturday, might just bring the boat along.

Also, for lunch, the Burger Barge in East Peoria is a pretty great joint, over by paradise beach (https://www.facebook.com/Paradice-Beach-Illinois-River-150013058356469/)! Easily accessible by boat too, with piers and docks. Peoria was my old stompin grounds and boated that river a LOT!!

View attachment 63720
I did call them, but I anticipate about 12 boats and they are not sure they can hold that many.

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Burger barge is a great place but very limited on docks. The river is low this year and depth finder reads 0 when I am there.

Kuchies added docks this year. A big improvement for them. About 3 miles from the normal stop in Peoria. Water traffic will be low so we can raft some boats together if needed

Alexander steakhouse has docks Peoria. It is a grill your own steak place. No brugers

Most places near the water are closed on Sundays. I can not figure it out because Peoria has nice docks and I figure if they were open the boaters would go.

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The dock that the powerboat is at is twice as long now. There are more docks that are not in the photo

Attachments

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski if you go, would you consider taking the boats further south than Peoria ? Grafton would be ideal, but maybe not that far, LOL

Or alternatively lunching 50-70 miles south or Peoria on Saturday morning, head upstream to Starved rock on Saturday, sleep in Starved Rock and then head south with the group on Sunday. After Peoria is done, we head head south to our trailers while the group return up north ......

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@OperationROL do you guys ever do a weekend trip from Chicago to Peoria ?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The dock that the powerboat is at is twice as long now. There are more docks that are not in the photo
So you think with the new docks Kuchies can hold us? I would prefer that if it can work.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are you joining us this year?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you joining us this year?
Yes I will pick you guys up half way again. I work nights that weekend once again.

I did not see that you had contacted thyme kitchen. I have never ate there but we will be up for what ever.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't think so. If we do it will be last second. I have my house tore up and have to get far enough on the garage to get the boat indoors.
That will be weird running this without you. Good luck with your projects.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes their docks will hold us.
Awesome, I will make arrangements there. I am sure everyone would prefer not walking 10 minutes or so to get to food.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Alright everyone. We are set for Kuchies. HOWEVER, we need to leave a little earlier than normal to make sure we are there right at 11 when they open. Kuchies' busiest day is Sunday and to ensure we all get dock space, we want to get there right as they open. Right now the plan is to be seated outside on their lower deck overlooking our boats and the river. If the weather is not great, they will move us up to the covered deck or inside as needed. being there right at 11 opens all options to us. Can everyone respond to this letting me know they got this. We will now LEAVE Starved Rock at 8:30 am. I will update the first post.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@OperationROL please put my crew of 5 down as tentative. Will know more after this weekend.

To your knowledge are rooms at Starved Rock available? We would come up Sat and possibly stay Sunday night as Monday is a holiday for our kids.

Thanks!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
That will be weird running this without you. Good luck with your projects.
I know and thanks! If i can make it it will mean i am fighting for a permit still!

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for the invite. We won't be able to make it this year.