• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Starved Rock to Peoria Run, Sunday Oct 8

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@OperationROL please put my crew of 5 down as tentative. Will know more after this weekend.

To your knowledge are rooms at Starved Rock available? We would come up Sat and possibly stay Sunday night as Monday is a holiday for our kids.

Thanks!
Got you down. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about accommodations at Starved Rock. Can someone else help out by providing this information? It seems to me I remember someone staying over the night before last year.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Got you down. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about accommodations at Starved Rock. Can someone else help out by providing this information? It seems to me I remember someone staying over the night before last year.
Call up the lodge but availability is pretty scarce. May get lucky. Driving or i would find a link. The lodge is usually booked solid. Might get a cabin otherwise.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We can be there to leave early. Count us in.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Call up the lodge but availability is pretty scarce. May get lucky. Driving or i would find a link. The lodge is usually booked solid. Might get a cabin otherwise.
Well, just looked at the website and sounds like they're all booked up. Any other recommendations for lodging nearby, before I ask the Google?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Well, just looked at the website and sounds like they're all booked up. Any other recommendations for lodging nearby, before I ask the Google?
There are a couple places just north of the river in that Utica town, but I have no experience in using them. I have only ever brought the camper to Starved rock.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Also can go just east to Ottawa.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There are a couple places just north of the river in that Utica town, but I have no experience in using them. I have only ever brought the camper to Starved rock.
Well, camping is an option. Not sure I'd want to pull the boat separately, though. I guess if I begged, someone might be able to help me launch and retrieve with their truck if I tow with the motorhome? I'll talk to the boss and do a little computer work to see what's nearby.

Thanks!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
No need to beg @BigAbe75
Many of us have used our trucks to launch others. I would be happy to help. Just let me know what size ball.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@NorthernIL212x
This is your call to come join us. We want to meet you and your family.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@OperationROL move us up to confirmed status, please. We'll be bringing the kiddos, as well.

I think we got our accommodations figured out.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

NorthernIL212x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@NorthernIL212x
This is your call to come join us. We want to meet you and your family.
Weird, I just happened to notice a little (and I do mean little, I almost missed it) icon and clicked on it and it brought me to this thread. I really do appreciate the invite. I would love to attend, unfortunately, we are booked with kid activities that weekend.

I can usually be found mostly on the chain-o-lakes, maybe an occasional trailering to Lake Geneva.

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello Everyone! Unfortunately :arghh:, due to a scheduling conflict, my family will not be attending this years run. Sorry we won't make it but I hope everyone enjoys themselves as we have for the past couple years!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello Everyone! Unfortunately :arghh:, due to a scheduling conflict, my family will not be attending this years run. Sorry we won't make it but I hope everyone enjoys themselves as we have for the past couple years!
Too Bad. We will miss you.

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There are hotels in Ottawa which is close by. I looked into staying in a room down there and making it a family gathering, but my scheduling issues came up.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I booked a room in Streator which is on my way up and looks to be about 20 minutes out. We should get there in time for dinner and maybe some pool time for the kids on Saturday.

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We have been wanting to make this run all summer and actually were going to this Saturday but the weather looks like crap! Sunday looks to be a pretty good day. You all enjoy the trip!! It’s a gorgeous river run.