• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Starved Rock to Peoria Run, Sunday Oct 8

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone know if the docks are in at the park? @Nathan Bryant was there in June and they were not in at that time. I will call the park tomorrow to check, but I remember some of you have been down there recently. Also, if the docks are not in, we have plan 2. Plan 2 involves launching at the public launch further down river at hwy89 (S Spalding St) close to the intersection with Spring Valley rd (Route 6). This one is on the North side. There is a private launch (Spring Valley Boat Club) on the south side of the river as well.

nickj718

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The more details the better! I haven't been to starved rock yet so i know nothing about the area.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just spoke to someone at the visitor's center. She confirmed that docks are in, therefore, let's plan on leaving from Starved Rock at 8:30 am on Sunday. We will arrive early (7:30 am) to ensure the docks are in fact in place and redirect everyone if necessary. We also want to make sure we are launched and ready to roll at 8:3 am.

Here is some info and pic of the launch that I posted many years ago that is still very applicable. @Eric Popper took the pictures while flying over:

This is great to explain to everyone where not to go. Do not go through that passage. 5 or 6 years ago, one of the participants went through that passage and tore up the boat pretty good. There is no reason to go in that direction, as we go the other way anyhow. The nice thing about the route besides being deep 90% of the trip is it is marked the entire way down. If you stay within the red and green buoys there is absolutely no fear of bottoming out. See Highlighted Pic Below:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've never been on a river before. Is there much of a current at the launch? Does it cause problems, if you're unfamiliar?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've never been on a river before. Is there much of a current at the launch? Does it cause problems, if you're unfamiliar?
There is a current at the ramp, but you will have plenty of us there to help out and make sure all goes well.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
As of now the weather is looking pretty awesome for Sunday. I however won't be able to make it down as I'm On Call this week for work.:( Have fun everyone!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@RiverRat you will be missed.
@BigAbe75 We are here for you and any others that are first timers at this launch. DO NOT plan on using the east set of ramps. They are narrow and the current is stronger there. We will get there early and direct any that want help. We can also back in the boat if your wife is not comfortable with that yet.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Awesome, we'll be the one with the Yamaha. :)

Oh, wait... lol

Justin G.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We would like to go to this. Do we know if the docks are in at Starved Rock? We went two years ago and had a great time but the docks were not in and my wife had a heck of time launching the boat.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We would like to go to this. Do we know if the docks are in at Starved Rock? We went two years ago and had a great time but the docks were not in and my wife had a heck of time launching the boat.
yes. The docks are in.

Nathan Bryant

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I double checked with the East Port Marina in Peoria that the gas docks are open. So we’re good on that end. They know we’re coming and will be prepared to handle our group.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How far is the trip? Will we all need fuel or just the smaller tanks? I thought I saw 78 miles somewhere, is that one way?

So far we've been out in our new boat 3 times, and I'm still on the first tank of gas. It'll be exciting to actually need to gas up during the day. Lol

My old boat only had a 20 gal tank. I was filling up before every trip.

We can't wait. We'll be heading up in a couple hours.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Attached is information that may be useful to you. Top off your fuel tank and you can probably do the trip without buying fuel on the river.

Attachments

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We were trying to make it but couldn’t find a place to stay tonight! Looks like it will be beautiful weather again. Have fun all and stay safe!!!

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oglesby may have rooms

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
For fuel reference,when I went with my supercharged gas guzzler,I had about three gallons left in my 30 gallon tank in Peoria. Only used about 20 to get back to starved rock. @BigAbe75 you should make it with plenty to spare(im pretty sure you have a 50 gal tank)

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I won't be able to make it this year. Probably the best weather year so far too....

Maybe I'll do an afternoon flyby. Someone post Peoria departure time tomorrow please....

Eric

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Definitely not coming. Wife sick since yesterday. Miss you all!