• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Charleston Pinopolis Lock Cooper River Run/ Hilton Head Gathering 5/12 and 5/13 2018

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I really enjoy doing the lock run ever year and I already know my crew is going to make me do it later this year since we skipped this part. I agree these were two separate trips though trying to combine the two would have been a lot for my crew by the time we got back to Charleston they were done if we would have still had to run up the river it may have been a mutiny. Next year we will possibly just offer a lock run or maybe if there is any interest a Savannah GA to Jekyll Island GA or Jacksonville FL .
I was going to look where I could put my boat in in the Savannah river and make it down to savannah/hilton head.

I'd do the run again but I'd do river to Charleston and spend time there or do Charleston to hilton head.

They are both great just not at same time again lol.

Was it low tide when yall went to channel that had dredge? We snuck through there with 2 sailboats as well at same time.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Ramblin Wreck - loved it. Aside from Port Royal sound on the trip down, it was amazing. Surprisingly, really wasn't beat up at all and spent the day on Lake Wylie today burning up another tank of fuel and flushing the salt out. Very much looking forward to doing that trip again. Super awesome meeting some new faces, and Wes's boat was definitely cool as hell.

Random photo dump-

IMG_20180512_093821.jpg IMG_20180512_094723.jpg IMG_20180512_175312.jpg IMG_20180513_092717.jpg IMG_20180513_111209.jpg IMG_20180513_125906-EFFECTS.jpg IMG_20180513_193350.jpg IMG_20180513_134059_172.jpg IMG_20180513_194947.jpg IMG_20180513_195615-EFFECTS.jpg IMG_20180513_202737.jpg IMG_20180513_203616.jpg IMG_20180513_203748.jpg IMG_20180513_204817.jpg

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843, @veedubtek, @Andy S how did ya'll enjoy the trip to Hilton in comparison to the Cooper run? They're both great, but curious to read your opinions.
Hmm I would say they are two different experiences. The run to Hilton Head is a little longer and is on the edge of being worth wanting an extra day to be able to explore around Hilton Head and Savanah some. So do I have a preference it would be depending on timing if I had a full 2-3 days I would probably pick Hilton Head if it was that quick day or day and a half trip like this was I would choose the river and the lock just not to feel rushed on either trip.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hmm I would say they are two different experiences. The run to Hilton Head is a little longer and is on the edge of being worth wanting an extra day to be able to explore around Hilton Head and Savanah some. So do I have a preference it would be depending on timing if I had a full 2-3 days I would probably pick Hilton Head if it was that quick day or day and a half trip like this was I would choose the river and the lock just not to feel rushed on either trip.
That's what wife and I were saying Robert we would love to do a friday-sunday Charleston to hilton head trip leave morning stop in Beaufort for lunch/walk around and then make it to HH Friday evening spend all of Saturday around HHI/the waters and then make the run back Sunday.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Both are great but both were honestly too rushed for my family. The weekend adventure warrior thing is cool; but we are really wanting to make a slow vacation of it all to take more in, chill out a bit more and let the kids recover from the travel legs. School is also getting in the way this time of year, but having one extra day if doing either leg would work well for us.
Day 1: Lock and Cooper run to Charleston
Day 2: Explore Charleston (aquarium, Fort Sumter, lighthouse etc...)
Day 3: Charleston to Hilton Head (Silent Cove, of course and Marriott or Disney)
Day 4: Explore Hilton Head/Savannah
Day 5: Back to Charleston
Day 6: Up the Cooper and drive home.

Charleston to Myrtle also looks like a possibility if we want to explore new waters.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We usually do our week boating vacation in the Bahamas but I’m open to doing a local week exploring the area some time @Seadeals and @Wisefam22 this year is done for me other then weekends I may have one 4 day weekend I can make sometime but likely would be next year before I could pull a week off.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is only my third attempt at the GoPro video gig. Just a quick "Quik". I didn't realize my lens was getting salty so I didn't have much to work with as many clips were just too hazy.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We usually do our week boating vacation in the Bahamas but I’m open to doing a local week exploring the area some time @Seadeals and @Wisefam22 this year is done for me other then weekends I may have one 4 day weekend I can make sometime but likely would be next year before I could pull a week off.
I'm fine with 3 day things friday-sunday or saturday-monday.

My schedule is pretty flexible (I make it myself).

Enjoy bimini. We will see you there next year!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didn't realize my lens was getting salty so I didn't have much to work with as many clips were just too hazy.
I quit using the case about a year ago for this reason. The only time I have the GoPro in the case anymore is in a true water situation but while on the boat it stays out of the case.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a Session (no case ever but big lens glass) so not much to do about it other than wipe or mount higher.

Also, I can easily see that once someone does Bimini and beyond, it would be hard to burn a week of vacation on a trip like this. For us (for now), close and simple is good and there are very cool places all over the Southeast to explore. There is also less risk than an international oceanic exploration so crew stress, spontanaety requirements and financial commitments are generally lower. I am not saying I don’t want to do it; but very content with the wish list of trips to do close to home. They may have potential to attract jetboaters who can’t quite swing Bimini or feel they need a little more experience before making that jump.

Thanks to all here for the Cooper trip two years back when we stepped out of our usual predictable weekend lake routine and embraced the freedom and excitement of making our boat the primary vacation transportation.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If anyone gets the chance to head to Maine day trip port hoping on the coast is really cool. The Bar Harbor, and Camden areas have a lot to check out. Just hug the coastline, beware of where the seafloor changes causing some rough areas, and watch the forecast.

Belfast to Camden to Rockland or the reverse in July during the Rockland lobster festival and then returning is one of my favorites.

Wesley D

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Made it home late last night. What a trip. My family and I had a great time. A special thanks to Kyle and Chris for making sure we made it down and back in one piece. We met a lot of really nice people. Looking forward to the next trip.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

SCJeeps

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for letting a non JBer tag along on the JB adventure. This was our 2nd trip with you guys. We did the Cooper trip two years ago and now this trip. We love the adventure versus a standard weekend at the lake.

At the recommendation of Seadeals I just joined the site myself despite running a non JB. Great boat community!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for letting a non JBer tag along on the JB adventure. This was our 2nd trip with you guys. We did the Cooper trip two years ago and now this trip. We love the adventure versus a standard weekend at the lake.

At the recommendation of Seadeals I just joined the site myself despite running a non JB. Great boat community!
Welcome aboard the forum! It really is a great crew around here glad to see you got on.

Sandbar29910

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Well, after stumbling upon this site while researching the Bimini run(to do on my Sea Doo RXT not boat), and finding the @robert843 video (Carolina flag got my attention), I would love to do this run next year with y'all. Of course, I would have to trailer to either starting point as I reside at the end/turn around point.
Enjoy reading the trials and tribulations of the adventures (and the pics/vids) and want to meet up with you guys sometime for some cruising either in the Challenger or the RXT.