• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 FSH 210 - Center console "wiggle"

NeoBrew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does anyone else's center console shimmy when hitting bumps? I have not tried taking anything apart yet, but the screws in the black plastic trim at the bottom are loose and stripped. The whole console will move at the bottom when cruising and hitting waves. Is this normal?

I assume the screws in the black trim just hold that trim in and are not structural, is that right? I was thinking about just filling in the hole with some epoxy or caulk to get them to stay in. Do I need to consider something more structural as a fix?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does anyone else's center console shimmy when hitting bumps? I have not tried taking anything apart yet, but the screws in the black plastic trim at the bottom are loose and stripped. The whole console will move at the bottom when cruising and hitting waves. Is this normal?

I assume the screws in the black trim just hold that trim in and are not structural, is that right? I was thinking about just filling in the hole with some epoxy or caulk to get them to stay in. Do I need to consider something more structural as a fix?
pics please…

NeoBrew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
pics please…
A reasonable request, but the boat is in storage. It will take me some time to do so. There isn't much to look at unless I was moving anyway. The screws just look loose in their holes. (Or just look normal because they are pushed in) It is only towards the bottom.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m asking for pics so I can see what you are talking about.. My 210 fsh doesn’t have any black structural trim pieces that I can think of. The T top uprights and the T top itself shimmy around a bit in bigger water but not by much. Maybe try and find some stock photo’s or something and put a red arrow pointing to where the screws are loose??

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My center console is solid, the T-top does sway side to side when hitting rough water. So much so it was contacting the corner of the windshield slightly and eating into the powder coat. So, I ended up bonding some Teflon sheet in those areas. As far as the black plastic trim on the back of the console it is just held in by Phillips screws that are imbedded in the fiberglass behind it. So that's what your talking about? the footwell area, glove box area ect.. that trim? if so, you may have to remove all the screws and fill all the stripped-out holes with epoxy and re-drill them.

NeoBrew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My center console is solid, the T-top does sway side to side when hitting rough water. So much so it was contacting the corner of the windshield slightly and eating into the powder coat. So, I ended up bonding some Teflon sheet in those areas. As far as the black plastic trim on the back of the console it is just held in by Phillips screws that are imbedded in the fiberglass behind it. So that's what your talking about? the footwell area, glove box area ect.. that trim? if so, you may have to remove all the screws and fill all the stripped-out holes with epoxy and re-drill them.
Yes Dixemon, those are the screws I'm talking about. Good to know it is just for the trim. I will put it on my spring projects list to take that apart and fix the holes properly. I appreciate the information.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Same here on the port side of the windshield and the T top upright.

JB weld makes a marine epoxy that when cured is white in color.

NeoBrew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've always got a tube of that white JB weld on hand. It's pretty handy stuff!

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I removed the sheet metal screws and replaced with regular screws and nylock nuts on the back side. All the screws were accessible.

My T-top shimmies sometimes. It seems to require the right wave rate and size, along with boat speed.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ve thought about the shimmy… four gussets between the uprights and the top bracket would probably stop 90% of the shimmy.

NeoBrew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I removed the sheet metal screws and replaced with regular screws and nylock nuts on the back side. All the screws were accessible.

My T-top shimmies sometimes. It seems to require the right wave rate and size, along with boat speed.
That is a great idea. I like the idea of fixing it once and for all so they can't work loose again.

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Same here on the port side of the windshield and the T top upright.

JB weld makes a marine epoxy that when cured is white in color.
Me three on the windshield rubbing!
Must be those 5’-6’ rollers. Lol

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine T-Top frame also rubs the windshield. When redoing my T-Top wiring I noticed the bolts for the spacers between the Console and frame were all loose on mine. I tightnd down, I have not been out since to see if it resolved however.