• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195S Build Thread WARNING PIC HEAVY

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Everything looks great, as usual! Sorry you haven’t been able to get her on the water much.

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have the identical boat and going with a similar stereo setup:

6 channel SYN-DX - cabin
-REVO 6's bow
-REVO 8's cabin
-single REVO 10 FA (cut into glass behind cap chair)

4 channel SYN-DX - towers
- JL M6 8.8

I purchased a new Fusion wiring harness and I have a couple questions. How did you wire from the Fusion head unit to the amps? I see the Zone 1, Zone 2 and the Zone 1 sub, Zone 2 sub (and Aux). I'm guessing but we lose fade control if it's setup as "tower" and "cabin"? Any help would be appreciated so I know what to expect and where to plug the RCA's - Thanks!
What batteries are you running with this setup and how much playtime do you typically get?

philistine

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What batteries are you running with this setup and how much playtime do you typically get?
I have 3 batteries:
1x Interstate - came with the boat (motor)
2x Duracell AGM Deep Cycle group 27 (house)

I installed the Blue Seas 7650 ACR kit and have the AGMs for House and the Interstate for Motor (wired load-side ACR which is applicable to the Yamahas) Playtime is pretty much all weekend 2-3 days and zero issues. I have a ProMariner 43012 ProSport 12, 12 Amp, 12/24 Volt, 2 Bank Generation 3 Battery Charger. I dry dock at a marina so I just flip the cord over the side of the boat (like a fender) and the dock workers hook an extension cord and do a day charge during the week.

Just a FYI even though the charger is a 2 bank charger, it will only do 2 batteries! So that means if you have my set-up and the batteries are in parallel, it must be hooked up to the individual batteries. Not the end of the world since the motor battery only cranks the boat and stays at full charge and the ACR favors the motor battery anyways.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Question- i am currently running my amp off the stock setup. Am I looking for trouble with this?

also - would you have any pics you could share showing your battery set up? @philistine

Last edited:

philistine

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Question- i am currently running my amp off the stock setup. Am I looking for trouble with this?
If you're using a single battery (that came with the boat) then yeah. You want at least 2 batteries total - house & motor split. The SVHO/SHO etc. motors do not have much amperes to keep a battery topped off - think of a motor cycle stator, something like 24 amps vs car that has excess of 100amp alternator. Also get a battery charger and top it off every week.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you're using a single battery (that came with the boat) then yeah. You want at least 2 batteries total - house & motor split. The SVHO/SHO etc. motors do not have much amperes to keep a battery topped off - think of a motor cycle stator, something like 24 amps vs car that has excess of 100amp alternator. Also get a battery charger and top it off every week.
Thanks! How / where did you mount your secondary (house) batteries? Any pics to make it simple for this simpleton?

philistine

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
20200822_125432.jpg

Port side stuffed all the way back secured with a NOCO BT27s battery tray screwed to the floor. It's in parallel configuration.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

philistine

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I followed this diagram and did not add any fuses and did not wire start isolation. Imo the fuses were "over-the-top" conservative and the start isolation is not applicable to the Yamahas.
Screenshot_20200916-151105_Gallery.jpg

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have 3 batteries:
1x Interstate - came with the boat (motor)
2x Duracell AGM Deep Cycle group 27 (house)

I installed the Blue Seas 7650 ACR kit and have the AGMs for House and the Interstate for Motor (wired load-side ACR which is applicable to the Yamahas) Playtime is pretty much all weekend 2-3 days and zero issues. I have a ProMariner 43012 ProSport 12, 12 Amp, 12/24 Volt, 2 Bank Generation 3 Battery Charger. I dry dock at a marina so I just flip the cord over the side of the boat (like a fender) and the dock workers hook an extension cord and do a day charge during the week.

Just a FYI even though the charger is a 2 bank charger, it will only do 2 batteries! So that means if you have my set-up and the batteries are in parallel, it must be hooked up to the individual batteries. Not the end of the world since the motor battery only cranks the boat and stays at full charge and the ACR favors the motor battery anyways.
I've never understood how you can hook up leads to each battery when those batteries are connected in parallel. Aren't you just adding 2 chargers to the same circuit in that situation?

philistine

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I didn't understand it either but the instructions were specific. I have charged parallel battery banks from opposite ends with zero issues using my ctek. The ProMariner wasn't having any of it though 🤷‍♂️

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I didn't understand it either but the instructions were specific. I have charged parallel battery banks from opposite ends with zero issues using my ctek. The ProMariner wasn't having any of it though 🤷‍♂️
Interesting. Yeah I agree - I think the starter can be kept full by the engines if you're using the boat regularly, especially with the dual engine boats.

Do you know if the voltage displayed on the tach's is the house voltage or the starter voltage? I'm going to keep more of an eye on it during my next outing to see what it gets up to during high RPM runs and at idle...

philistine

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Interesting. Yeah I agree - I think the starter can be kept full by the engines if you're using the boat regularly, especially with the dual engine boats.

Do you know if the voltage displayed on the tach's is the house voltage or the starter voltage? I'm going to keep more of an eye on it during my next outing to see what it gets up to during high RPM runs and at idle...
That depends. If you have an ACR the batteries are not isolated from a charging source when the engine is running. So it will read 13.5volts or higher - whatever the engine is putting out. When you turn off your engine, the ACR senses a voltage drop then isolates the batteries so the displayed voltage is strictly house.

robby76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well, I am glad I came across this thread.
First of, nice looking boat.
Second, what an awesome well documented project.
Thanks for sharing it.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, I am glad I came across this thread.
First of, nice looking boat.
Second, what an awesome well documented project.
Thanks for sharing it.

Thank you my friend. Haven't done anything but winterize her since last update. Can't wait for 2021 already

FTBS311

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
THis is an amazing thread. My 2021 195S arrives in Jan and i have taken lots of notes from this. Thanks Hoyt!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
THis is an amazing thread. My 2021 195S arrives in Jan and i have taken lots of notes from this. Thanks Hoyt!
Congrats, and your very welcome. Yall are gonna love it. We love ours more and more everytime we go out.

robby76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congratulations on your purchase. Do post pics when you take ownership. 👍🏻

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Funny - when the build was going, I thought to my self he is going to blow those speakers with 3/4 gain... turn to a few pages later lol. Been installing stereos for 15 years and never once has a clean gain been past half way, usually clip before that.

Anyways, how is the headroom with the REV10s?