• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 - FSH 195 Sport - Console

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I own a 2021 FSH 195 Sport. Some fresh water(rain) ended up in the console behind the drain plug. I would like to remove the 3 bolts on either side of the white wall(see picture) and shopvac out any water. Will removing these screws allow for removing the white wall? Are these screws connected to anything that removal would cause a problem? Any explanation of what's behind that wall would be helpful.

Thanks,

Tom

Attachments

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I own a 2021 FSH 195 Sport. Some fresh water(rain) ended up in the console behind the drain plug. I would like to remove the 3 bolts on either side of the white wall(see picture) and shopvac out any water. Will removing these screws allow for removing the white wall? Are these screws connected to anything that removal would cause a problem? Any explanation of what's behind that wall would be helpful.

Thanks,

Tom
I have the 210FSH but I can tell you if that's the panel under the console to the aft is the fuel tank behind the white panel. No need to remove it for water. It's quite normal to get water in there and the bilge. Front, mid, and aft bilge areas all will all drain to the aft and if enough water is present the bilge pump will remove most of it automatically - your bilge pump has a sensor and will automatically cycle from time to time to check for the presence of water.

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. I'm putting the boat away for the winter so I wanted to get as much of the water out as possible. I store the boat in NY state over the winter. So freezing can be an issue. I removed the 6 screws in the front and the 3 on the top and that allowed me to use a sponge to remove a little more water. I was thinking of attaching a fire extinguisher to that wall. So I'm glad that I had a peek behind it.

Thanks again,

Tom

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. I'm putting the boat away for the winter so I wanted to get as much of the water out as possible. I store the boat in NY state over the winter. So freezing can be an issue. I removed the 6 screws in the front and the 3 on the top and that allowed me to use a sponge to remove a little more water. I was thinking of attaching a fire extinguisher to that wall. So I'm glad that I had a peek behind it.

Thanks again,

Tom
If the 19 is anything like the 21, there is a drain plug for the fuel tank section that is located in the engine compartment on the vertical wall at the forward side of the engine compartment. I’ve only occasionally get any water out of that drain plug.

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
As stated above, there is a drain plug in the engine compartment that drains the water from the center console area. The maintenance manual that you can order from the Yamaha website show this in a generic from.itsIMG_5205.jpg worth the money spent for minor Diy Mx and a better understanding of the FSH itself. The fuel tank is behind that bulkhead. If you open the fuel tank hatch that you stand on while steering, you can get a good idea of the orientation of the tank/bulkhead. I'll see if I can borescope the inside area for you this weekend. The water may be coming from your anchor storage, there are alot of posts concerning how to check and correct that drain problem on the forums.

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks all for the posts. I think I'm going to purchase the service manual over the winter. I've own one for every other boat that I've owned. Wish they sold it as a PDF.

Tom

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
run your trailer jack down and the water will run forward where you can get the rest.

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Now that's smart :cool: Great idea - Simple yet effective

Tom