• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
my concern was that a 19 footer wouldn’t be enough for entertaining friends and family. So I considered going to a 21 footer, but after seeing one, I didn’t think it was substantially bigger. I saw the 252 fsh when Yamaha updated their site last month. thought it was out of my comfort zone at first, but really liked the layout of the center console. I was seriously considering the 210 fsh, but it has the tr1 motors and I didn’t think there was enough room aft of the helm for seating. I thought the Layout and design of the 252 fsh was exactly what I was looking for. It took me about a week to rationalize and convince the admiral. It also gives me a higher comfort level going out on Lake Michigan. I also got a fantastic deal for pre-ordering, total cost otd ( less tax) was about 1k less than list. Still a lot of money, but I’m pretty sure I won’t be second guessing the size.
You made the smart choice. Always buy bigger.
You’ll love it, I’m Sure!!

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It also gives me a higher comfort level going out on Lake Michigan. I also got a fantastic deal for pre-ordering, total cost otd ( less tax) was about 1k less than list. Still a lot of money, but I’m pretty sure I won’t be second guessing the size.

I am located in Ohio and the dealee near me is charging MSRP + over 3k for freight and prep.

From what dealer did you pre-order from?

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am located in Ohio and the dealee near me is charging MSRP + over 3k for freight and prep.

From what dealer did you pre-order from?
Team Winnebagoland in Oshkosh. My price included freight and setup. i want to think that they may have wanted my business since i was waiting over a month for the 195s. my salesman is chase.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Pretty standard for a Yamaha dealer to charge the delivery/prep fee . I always felt it was a bit excessive.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Pretty standard for a Yamaha dealer to charge the delivery/prep fee . I always felt it was a bit excessive.
what is everyone paying these days? my dealer wants $1,950 and $1,250 ($3,200) and it's non negotiable because of the current market so looking to purchase out of state if possible.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think when I bought my 190 a few years ago I think it was about $2000. Yamaha would be better off including it in the price to start with. Seems like a pretty big additional purchase cost to get hit with out of the gate.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is the most detailed walkthrough of the FSH 255, that I've seen so far. I believe this guy works for Yamaha Boats.

I was curious about how the table worked and the rear fold-down seat.

Video shows the FSH @ 7:34

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is the most detailed walkthrough of the FSH 255, that I've seen so far. I believe this guy works for Yamaha Boats.

I was curious about how the table worked and the rear fold-down seat.

Video shows the FSH @ 7:34

Great show and tell! I was curious how the rear seating folded down and how the cushions came off. Also where the freshwater wash is and how easy it was to put in the bow platform. Boat looks awesome. Cushions look a little thin but I can see myself upgrading to some custom cushions.
I also need to figure out how to add some structural support for a tow post on the tee-top.

even though our season is just about done here in Wisconsin, I almost want mine to come in now just to sit at the bow table every morning having some coffee in my driveway.

can’t wait till february(?) march(?)

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For those of you who have ordered do you plan on dry docking or launching from the trailer?

Also your location/body of water you are planning on using.

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For those of you who have ordered do you plan on dry docking or launching from the trailer?

Also your location/body of water you are planning on using.
I’d love to dock it somewhere, but availability and cost are pretty high. So most likely launching. Plan on lake Geneva, Wi (5400 acre) and Lake Michigan.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
so you would leave it in freshwater every day? just curious because that has been my biggest debate for Lake Erie. seems like most say to keep it out of the water or pull the boat every few weeks and clean. most boats here are ourboards with bottom paint so was wondering what others do. thanks!

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
so you would leave it in freshwater every day? just curious because that has been my biggest debate for Lake Erie. seems like most say to keep it out of the water or pull the boat every few weeks and clean. most boats here are ourboards with bottom paint so was wondering what others do. thanks!
If I got a slip, I would add a lift to keep it out of water.

John_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
From a slip with a lift. Saltwater/brackish Sebastian Inlet Lagoon

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I'm going to have the dealer install a Minn Kota trolling motor.

The iPilot System is amazing.
I was recently out fishing on a friends 23'.
We pulled up to an artificial reef out in the gulf, and he hit "spot lock".
The boat stayed right there without an an anchor.
I was amazed!
Definitely getting one on the 252.

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Since no one has posted anything in a while, I thought I’d put some comments down of my impressions of the videos that have come out on the 255 fsh. This post will be on areas for improvement. Maybe Yamaha will incorporate them before boat 1 ships. Here they are in no particular order.
1. I would have liked to see a front Ladder in the anchor compartment.
2. The cushions seem a little thin.
3. I think the cut-off switch should be on the left side of the helm, rather than right side. I can see it getting in the way of the co-pilot.
4. The rear folding seats are nice. However, if you look at the folding metal frame, the ends bend back towards the seats. With thin backreast cushions, I can see those cons digging into someone’s back. Also, the backrest cushions should fill the deck area when the seat is down. It doesn’t look like they outdoor illy fill at space. Did I mention that the Cushions look a little thin.
5. I would have re-designed the t-top frame so that it had a tow-post. Right now the outriggers are screwed into the t-top and are not part of the frame.

I’d love to hear others’ comments.

wahoowah

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone received any updates as far as taking delivery on their FSH 252?

I haven't heard anything new from my dealer.
I read in another thread no 25x FSH models are shipping until January. Unfortunate...