• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

peerpr3sur

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone added sound barrier to the engine compartment? I was thinking about adding a foam layer all around to quiet it down since cruising at 30 means I'm kinda yelling at my wife next to me.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Installed Topper for my Engel 45.
Love it. Matches boat perfectly.
I'll probably order a Topper for the Engel 85.

Also got the divider and basket for the 45.

Attachments

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed Topper for my Engel 45.
Love it. Matches boat perfectly.
I'll probably order a Topper for the Engel 85.

Also got the divider and basket for the 45.
Love the basket. I hate when food gets soggy from poorly sealed containers.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine does it to.
Mine too.

BTW, when water on the deck runs along the center console, it flows right through the mounting holes for the tower... and spills into the helm/head closet.

Yamaha factory deadbeats didn't bother sealing the holes.

Also, none of the screws holding the center console to the upturned lip of the deck, inside the helm/head closet, are long enough to go through the lip and into the fiberglass of the console walls. Therefore, half of these screws fell out on their own accord, and the rest I pulled out with my fingers. For now, I'm relying on the gobs of epoxy, and the fasteners into the tower tubing, to hold the center console in place.

YamSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My helm screws do the same.. Also make sure your head compartment door hinges are aligned square or else the following could occur.

6B23BA24-EDFA-429A-8153-8463831D7C47.jpeg

This is the upper left corner of the head locker door.. It's hitting the helm frame and will chip if opened all the way.

Last edited:

PerkDaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When I saw the factory mount for the FSH 255, I literally laughed at how unsubstantial it is!

My plan is to use the ShuttleSlide UHD mount that I originally purchased for my AR210.

Plus, I want to mount my MotorGuide on the starboard side, because the configuration of my dock requires me to board my boat at the bow port-side, right where the factory mount would go.
I should have heeded everyone's warning about the flimsiness of the mount. I figured I could live with some flex and put down some high density rubber matting to keep it from rubbing the hull. What I didn't expect is the torque of the motor, along with the length of shaft, would completely bend the mount just in front of the forward-most mounting bolts. I should have dusted off the ol' "Basic Mechanical Physics" textbook from my college days. :D

I plan to use the existing bracket as a template to fab up something more substantial, adding a cross member between the side skirts to bolt to the angled front of the bow.

Attachments

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
View attachment 157533
This may have already been discussed on here, but I was disappointed that the boat did NOT actually come with the built in sound system control pad pictured on the website below the Simrad screen. I believe it was also in the videos on the spec model. Does anyone know where I could get one of these for install? Trying to control things on the touch screen is next to impossible while moving. Thanks in advance.
That console looks so good. Sorry you have no controller.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I plan to use the existing bracket as a template to fab up something more substantial, adding a cross member between the side skirts to bolt to the angled front of the bow.
That is hella warpage! Yikes!

Another option is to find a marine fabricator make you a sturdy, stainless steel (or anodized aluminum) plate that sits exactly on top of the factory plate, using all of the existing mounting holes. I think going this route would require the least effort (other than bending back the factory plate so it's flat on top like it's supposed to be). Maybe a bunch of folks here could even do a group buy, and you could negotiate a lower price for your "prototype."

Also, ShuttleSlide makes adapter plates that will allow you to repurpose existing holes to attach their mounts.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looking for some help from an owner. I'm looking to purchase a 252/255FSH and am hung up on a couple of features as I've received mixed info. For context, I'm 100% salt water with 90% fishing and 10% family leisure user. I mostly run 15-30 miles offshore and do so mostly by myself. I have my MMC/Captains license and may choose to use the boat for small specialized charters.

Do you have to run the motors for the raw water wash down to work?

Do you have to run the motors when flushing them after trips on salt water? Or will the motor flush while off?

How reliable are the motors with start up? (I'm sure they're fine, I love yamaha and have one on my current boat)

How easy would it be to put a 3rd battery (auxiliary battery) on the boat? And where?

Do the trolling motor batteries fit in the console without taking up too much space; want to put a marine head in as well? (Want to put 72in Rhodan on the boat)

PerkDaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looking for some help from an owner. I'm looking to purchase a 252/255FSH and am hung up on a couple of features as I've received mixed info. For context, I'm 100% salt water with 90% fishing and 10% family leisure user. I mostly run 15-30 miles offshore and do so mostly by myself. I have my MMC/Captains license and may choose to use the boat for small specialized charters.

Do you have to run the motors for the raw water wash down to work?

Do you have to run the motors when flushing them after trips on salt water? Or will the motor flush while off?

How reliable are the motors with start up? (I'm sure they're fine, I love yamaha and have one on my current boat)

How easy would it be to put a 3rd battery (auxiliary battery) on the boat? And where?

Do the trolling motor batteries fit in the console without taking up too much space; want to put a marine head in as well? (Want to put 72in Rhodan on the boat)
I've been running my 252 about the same fish/family ratio. I've been taking mine 15-20 miles offshore and it's been great so far.

To answer your questions:
1. You do not have to run the engines for raw water wash down. It uses an electric pump.
2. You do have to run the motors when flushing them or else you risk water flowing back in the engines.
3. The motors quickly start every time for me.
4. I'd think a 3rd battery would easily fit in the existing battery compartment. Are you thinking of connecting it in parallel to the house battery to expand the capacity?
5. There's a large "shelf" just forward in the center console that's designed for batteries. I fit 3 full size 12V 100Ah batteries in it with room to spare, so the batteries don't take up room in the center console (other than this shelf).

Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've been running my 252 about the same fish/family ratio. I've been taking mine 15-20 miles offshore and it's been great so far.

To answer your questions:
1. You do not have to run the engines for raw water wash down. It uses an electric pump.
2. You do have to run the motors when flushing them or else you risk water flowing back in the engines.
3. The motors quickly start every time for me.
4. I'd think a 3rd battery would easily fit in the existing battery compartment. Are you thinking of connecting it in parallel to the house battery to expand the capacity?
5. There's a large "shelf" just forward in the center console that's designed for batteries. I fit 3 full size 12V 100Ah batteries in it with room to spare, so the batteries don't take up room in the center console (other than this shelf).
Thank you! You answered my questions well. To respond to your question on #4, yes I was to add capacity but, more importantly, I want to isolate my electronics from the house/starter batteries. I want to be able to run audio, fish finder, and a radar without worrying about depleting the starter batteries.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Agree with everything Perkdaddy said.

Additionally, I seriously doubt you will run down your house battery.
I'm running two audio amplifiers.
I sit at the sandbar with the audio cranked for 5-6 hours straight.
Bilge pump is always on; we use a bunch of accessories such as filling up floats, etc.
Never had any power issues whatsoever.
I usually go to a local Island that's 20 miles away.

However if you're planning on doing multi-day trips, add a solar charger system.
You'll probably need to do twin 100 watt flexible panels on the roof.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Agree with everything Perkdaddy said.

Additionally, I seriously doubt you will run down your house battery.
I'm running two audio amplifiers.
I sit at the sandbar with the audio cranked for 5-6 hours straight.
Bilge pump is always on; we use a bunch of accessories such as filling up floats, etc.
Never had any power issues whatsoever.
I usually go to a local Island that's 20 miles away.

However if you're planning on doing multi-day trips, add a solar charger system.
You'll probably need to do twin 100 watt flexible panels on the roof.
Good to know. Is there only one bilge pump? Automatic/float switch or manual?

Thanks for your help. Also, Zackdadams, your posts on this thread have been instrumental in helping me make my decision.

Money4Nuthin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does anyone know how good my chances are at actually getting a 2022 252 fsh sport by summer of next year? I was told I am number 15th in line with the deposit I made on September 1st 2021.