• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 AR 195 White Smoke/Exhaust

Dud8198

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi — my 2022 AR195 lets off white steam or smoke from under the back of the boat sometimes. It usually happens when I speed up from low RPM’s to higher RPM’s. There are no engine lights. Boat has 45 hours on it with the last service at 10 hours. Is this normal? It’s my first ever boat. Thanks.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
dont recall ever seeing this on my boat. What were the weather conditions when it occurs? Does it happen every time you accelerate?

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Every once a while I will see some white smoke come from the back of my boat when accelerating. I think its just the added pressure in the exhaust during acceleration and the boat coming on plane that makes you see it. Most likely it goes away once on plane?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi — my 2022 AR195 lets off white steam or smoke from under the back of the boat sometimes. It usually happens when I speed up from low RPM’s to higher RPM’s. There are no engine lights. Boat has 45 hours on it with the last service at 10 hours. Is this normal? It’s my first ever boat. Thanks.
If it’s cold out you are going to see steam which is from the hot cooling water….

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
When flushing my boat in the driveway after I use it I don’t see anything. But that also at lowest idle too.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lik
Likely steam if intermittent

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
My 19 195 does that too when on the water. Doesn't bother me.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Glad this thread popped back up. I brought my boat home today, changed the oil and plugs and flushed the engine just to get the oil flowing and charge the battery. Same with mine, I believe it’s just steam as @FSH 210 Sport indicated. The engines run hot and as soon as water flows through it you produce steam. No indication of burning oil when I smelled it.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I concur...once warmed up, the engine thermostat will open and pass hot water out under the swim platform. If you look under the platform, you will see about a 1" port above and to the side of the jetpump - that's where the hot water is returned. After coming off plane, and idling into docks or coves, you will notice some steam from the hot water, especially when the water is cool. We notice it the most in the spring when the lake water is cold.