• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 FSH 190 Deluxe Engine Temp Guage

Marco Island Life

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Getting Acquainted with this new boat. First time to put it in the water, already had someone getting my phone # to test drive and get more info. This boat has some nice features. I was surprised it had no depth finder, which the Connext System supports. Second item, no way to get engine water temperature. With the very real problem of having the engine cooling water intake getting plugged, or sucking sand in, etc., it would be nice to monitor this temp before the motor overheats and alarms out.

I searched and could not find any info newer than years old, for the newer engines. Thanks

Getting Acquainted with this new boat. First time to put it in the water, already had someone getting my phone # to test drive and get more info. This boat has some nice features. I was surprised it had no depth finder, which the Connext System supports. Second item, no way to get engine water temperature. With the very real problem of having the engine cooling water intake getting plugged, or sucking sand in, etc., it would be nice to monitor this temp before the motor overheats and alarms out.

I searched and could not find any info newer than years old, for the newer engines. Thanks

It is kind of a drag that there is not gauge, but from experience I can tell you that you will get an alarm when it starts to over heat with instructions to shut the engine down. You will have enough time to shut the engine off before an alarm gets locked in and tells you to take it to the dealer. If that does happen, it takes roughly 5 cycles of the batteries being turned off then back on for that alarm to clear as long as there is no over heat condition present.

For me, the sound of the pilot circuit water while the engine is running has become a background noise that is noticeable when it’s not there. I check the pilot circuit water flow regularly when opera the engines to be sure cooling water is flowing into the engine.

I think there is no depth gauge because Yamaha figured the owner would be installing a fish finder and there is a depth finder built into those.

pilot circuit water flow

Are you referring to what some folks refer to as the "Pisser" water coming out the side of the boat?

pilot circuit water flow

Are you referring to what some folks refer to as the "Pisser" water coming out the side of the boat?

Yes. That is your sign that cooling water is flowing through your engine while the engine is running. It takes 10-20 seconds for water to start flowing after the engines are started.

Back