• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 FSH Ordering

TravisP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I am about to put a deposit down on a 2022 FSH, but after reading some of the horror stories on the 21s, I had some questions:

- I live in Phoenix and we have 1 dealer here. Iffy reviews on Yelp. I called a few out of state dealers, and they are all singing the same tune. Guy i talked to seemed good, but I don't know what their allocation with Yamaha is like. Should I consider ordering out of state? Anyone from Texas here? I'd drive a day in any direction to pick the boat up...

- Does the deposit with the dealer ever turn into an actual order in MY NAME with Yamaha, or does it stay in the dealers name? Does size of deposit matter?

- Is an extended warranty available through Yamaha - because their warranty periods seem like a joke.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I would get ready for a long wait game regardless. I put my deposit down in April and was first on the list at my dealership for a 2022 252 FSH. However, I just heard from my dealer that Yamaha is pushing all unfulfilled 2021 model orders to 2022 models so even being first on the list doesn’t seem to help. FWIW, I asked my dealer about the amount of deposit when we put ours down and he said it’s $500 for everyone. With all that said, I’m still super excited about the boat and have been using the time to pick up all of the ancillary things I want/need for the boat like EPIRB, trolling motor & batteries, upgraded stereo components, etc. hope this helps!

AZ Jetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I am about to put a deposit down on a 2022 FSH, but after reading some of the horror stories on the 21s, I had some questions:

- I live in Phoenix and we have 1 dealer here. Iffy reviews on Yelp. I called a few out of state dealers, and they are all singing the same tune. Guy i talked to seemed good, but I don't know what their allocation with Yamaha is like. Should I consider ordering out of state? Anyone from Texas here? I'd drive a day in any direction to pick the boat up...

- Does the deposit with the dealer ever turn into an actual order in MY NAME with Yamaha, or does it stay in the dealers name? Does size of deposit matter?

- Is an extended warranty available through Yamaha - because their warranty periods seem like a joke.
I attempted to purchase from the dealer in Phoenix. I won’t recommend them to anyone. I ended up purchasing from Havasu Motorsports in Lake Havasu. Honest people and great customer service. Sales tax rate is also slightly lower than Phoenix.

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I live in New Jersey and bought a 2021 from a dealer in New York(Cross Bay, LI - was great). Registering an out of state boat is a little different. The selling dealer gave me a Certificate of Origin not a title. I paid sales tax on the purchase in NJ (3% on an boat) not NY(I think 7%-8%). The process at DMV takes a little longer. I'd say I spent 45 min in the NJ DMV once I got in. In NJ it was a 3 week wait to get an appointment followed by 40 min on line when I got there. I scheduled the appointment before I picked up the boat. That reduced the wait time.

Purchasing in NJ the dealer takes care of all government paperwork for NJ residents. So it's how fast can you get from the dealer to the water after picking up the boat.

Camo13310

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just placed a deposit on a 252 FSH this morning will be getting a 2022. Ive been waiting to buy one of these and saving up for the past 2 years and I’m super stoked!

my guess is we won’t get it till the early spring but oh well I’ll be ready next summer to take the family out fishing and tubing!

TravisP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Just placed a deposit on a 252 FSH this morning will be getting a 2022. Ive been waiting to buy one of these and saving up for the past 2 years and I’m super stoked!

my guess is we won’t get it till the early spring but oh well I’ll be ready next summer to take the family out fishing and tubing!
congrats!! There is a guy in another thread claiming to be picking up a 2022 in the next week - so I have my popcorn ready! Every dealer i have talked to said yamaha will announce new models in Aug 17, so just a couple of weeks and we see new colors, changes, etc.

Camo13310

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I’m just waiting to see what the price difference is… If it’s too much I maybe unfortunately switching to a 210fsh but we’ll see.

TravisP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
One rumor i heard was 21ft boats all growing to 22ft this year. 🤷‍♂️

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One rumor i heard was 21ft boats all growing to 22ft this year. 🤷‍♂️
Doesn't look like it will be this year from what is being released already. Probably makes sense. Get the pipeline corrected and work out issues before a big model changeover. Next year is the smarter choice.

Southernerd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
congrats!! There is a guy in another thread claiming to be picking up a 2022 in the next week - so I have my popcorn ready! Every dealer i have talked to said yamaha will announce new models in Aug 17, so just a couple of weeks and we see new colors, changes, etc.
Spoke to a dealer this morning that said they had a 252FSH and two 19 ft FSH models in stock.

Hmkingsley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2022 252 fsh

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

mayorplant

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I attempted to purchase from the dealer in Phoenix. I won’t recommend them to anyone. I ended up purchasing from Havasu Motorsports in Lake Havasu. Honest people and great customer service. Sales tax rate is also slightly lower than Phoenix.
I ordered thru Havasu Motorsports in August of 2020 and they ended up canceling my order in April 2021 and said Yamaha couldn’t fill my order. They gave me my $2000 deposit it back and I don’t own a FSH

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I placed a deposit on a 2022 FSH 195 deluxe At the Phoenix dealer in October.
It will more than likely be a 2023 if I can get it.
Fees tax and licence amount to approx 10% the cost of the boat.
The salesman was straight up, basically you get what you get, no choices on color or equipment at this time.
Cash purchase and they are aware of that.
I have a receipt that shows full cost of the boat.

Manny252

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I placed a deposit on a 2022 FSH 195 deluxe At the Phoenix dealer in October.
It will more than likely be a 2023 if I can get it.
Fees tax and licence amount to approx 10% the cost of the boat.
The salesman was straight up, basically you get what you get, no choices on color or equipment at this time.
Cash purchase and they are aware of that.
I have a receipt that shows full cost of the boat.
COOL, GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US UPDATED

Nick255FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looking to be a first time jet boat owner by the end of February, early March. I put a deposit down on 22' 255 FSH over at Cycle Springs in Clearwater, Fl back in September. Already have new Skar speakers and skar amp lined up to replace the wet sounds system. Can't wait to join the ranks.

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

I am in Texas, Dallas area has one dealer. Phil Dill Boats, and they are above par on service and stand behind everything. Definitely get the YES warranty. If you need a contact at Phil Dill who will shoot you straight and be fair, give me a shout. Ive been dealing with them for the last 10 years and they really do a good job.