• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

2024 YAMAHA 252 S DRAIN HOSE ISSUE AND TRAILER ISSUE

mrdubean1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm having an issue with my 2024 252 S. When I clean and hose the inside of my boat, the water is not draining. When I checked the hose that leads from the engine compartment to the rear of the boat, the hose seems extended upwards, therefore making it impossible for the water to flow. Designer flaw/?? I have to use a dry vac to get the water out. Will definitely bring it back to where I bought the boat from, but wondering if anyone had the same issue on any 25 footer. I'm sure the design is the same.
Also, when I trailer, all my lights flicker, when connected to the trailer. I'm using a 2023 Tahoe with tow package. Brought the car to the dealer, modules replaced, etc, doesn't seem to fix the problem. Not sure if the issue is with the trailer or what.... All tells me its a ground issue, but all connections are clean, trailer is brand new and so is the tow vehicle. Boat being used in salt water, but I just bought it, in addition to the trailer... way too soon to be having trailer issues.

Don’t know about the drain, but if all lights flicker together it sure sounds like ground issue. Try running a wire from the truck frame to the trailer. That will tell you if it’s ground issue.
Good luck!
Randy

Not sure about the "hose" either... Are you talking about the scupper that is at the back of the boat near the engine compartment hatch? Water should be flowing from cabin into that and out the stern under the rear platform.

Do you have water in the ski locker compartment? If so, make sure the drain plug is open. It's a screw type plug that lets you isolate or connect the compartment to let water rain. There should be another in the forward part of the engine compartment. make sure those are all unscrewed and open to allow water to drain to the back/bilge/drain plug.

Don’t know about the drain, but if all lights flicker together it sure sounds like ground issue. Try running a wire from the truck frame to the trailer. That will tell you if it’s ground issue.
Good luck!
Randy
I’m pretty sure the center pin on a seven pin is the main ground. I’ve also heard of this issue with GM products when towing.

@mrdubean1 Do you tow other trailers with no issue? I also assume that by “all my lights flicker “ you mean the Tahoes lights flicker too, or just the trailer lights?

Pictures will help us with the boat draining issues.

I’m pretty sure the center pin on a seven pin is the main ground. I’ve also heard of this issue with GM products when towing.

@mrdubean1 Do you tow other trailers with no issue? I also assume that by “all my lights flicker “ you mean the Tahoes lights flicker too, or just the trailer lights?

Pictures will help us with the boat draining issues.
I have seen many newish gm trucks do this. Talking with a customer the other day while he was picking up his waverunner it flickered a few times.

I have seen many newish gm trucks do this. Talking with a customer the other day while he was picking up his waverunner it flickered a few times.
I know there was also an issue with the GM trucks and electric over hydraulic brakes. Something about the electric motor putting noise into the system that the controller didn’t like. Pretty sure I got tat from a post here.

Back