• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

210 fsh 30mph max speed @7000 rpm MY 2022

ShireRider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi all,

2022 210 fsh I’ve owned it since new. Got the 10 hour service, just put new plugs in at 60ish hours.

I have lost nearly 10mph off my top speed. I have seen 40+ mph, but now “hammer down” puts me at around 30-32mph (GPS on the fish finder). I noticed this spring that I had lost a little top end, but now it’s gotten really bad.

I keep my boat in a freshwater slip. Last weekend I scrubbed the bottom of the hull & checked my zinc anodes, I also put in a set of NGK plugs. I can’t remember the spec, I think .028 was what they measured. The old plugs looked fine to me. I can’t see evidence of oil on the air filter.. I also ditched the 3x 12 lead batteries for 1x 36v lithium.

Nothing has brought my top speed back up.

Is 7k top RPM for the twin 1000cc in the FSH? I feel like hammer down vs 6000- 6500rpm makes a huge difference in the noise but only drops to 27mph versus hardly being able to hit 30-32.

Lake Erie.
569’ above sea level.
Very calm day.
Temperature mid 70’s.

Minimal equipment.

3/4 tank of fuel.

I’m planning on pulling the boat in the next week or two to do a bit of maintenance/cleaning. Not sure if I need to look closer at anything.

Thank you!

Rated rpm for the TR-1’s is 8000 rpm.

Pull your air filters and try running it. Make sure there is no loose debris that can get ingested by the engines.

At that altitude and temperature your engines should be turning at least 7500 -7800 rpm’s or maybe a bit more, regardless of how clean the hull is.

Also, check the oil level in your engines to make sure they are not over filled.

My TR-1s tend to run best at 1/3 of the way from low to full on the dipstick. They are crazy sensitive to oil levels and full or overfull seems to keep them from revving all the way.

Back