• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH Power

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FWIW, I talked with I think it was RIVA, might have been another shop, about some basic mods to make some more power. I asked about the ribbon delete and was not surprised when I was told that would not make a difference.

Next was a tune or reflash of the ECU, there are two aspects here, the rev limiter is bumped up to 8500 rpm from the stock 8000, but the only way the increased rpm could be taken advantage of is with re pitched impellers if you are not already at max rpm. Then next was a modification to the amount of fuel delivered, these are epa legal engines and as such are on the lean side. I’m not interested in either of these mods as I’m not going to invalidate the YES extended warranty i bought with the boat, the only one of the reflash mods that has any interest to me is richening the fuel mix. But the gains with either are really minimal.

If your engines are not reaching rated rpm, then you could have Impros take little pitch out of your impellers to reach rated rpm, think of it as putting lower gears in a differential, more mechanical advantage, repitching the prop is done regularly with I/O’s and outboards to reach rated rpm. I bought a set of Solas impellers and had them pitched for high altitude, I did loose a bit of holeshot and a bit of mpg with the high altitude impeller, but in my circumstances I picked up 8 mph in top speed. See my high altitude impeller upgrade https://jetboaters.net/threads/high-altitude-impellers.30923/

As with most things there is always a compromise. While our boats are not rocket ships we get pretty darn good mileage from trolling to wide open throttle, for our boats the size we get is the same useable deck space as a 3’ larger outboard boat would-I love the swim platform-, there is a lot of storage, and as you mentioned there is a lot of space for folks to easily move around, the boat converts effortlessly from a hard core fishing platform to a friends and family cruiser / entertaining platform, and the price point is less than half of a comparable outboard CC.

Last edited:

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@FSH 210 Sport Great write up here. As you stated I don't want to mess with my warranty either especially since it has been endlessly in the shop. Now they are reaching out to Yamaha because they can't seem to figure out why my engine wont shut off. I may be interested in a repitch of the impellers however. I would be willing to lose a little hole shot or even a little off the top end if I can gain some speed back while loaded down. I just feel like 33-34 mph is so slow! I typically have a good amount of people and gear on the boat so if there is a way for me to get a even 5mph more out of it while fully loaded that would be great but if I can just keep her at 40mph I'd be happy enough I think.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about the shop woes…

To your point; “I would be willing to lose a little hole shot or even a little off the top end if I can gain some speed back while loaded down”. Another thing I noticed was that when I put some folks on the boat it doesn’t suffer as much speed loss as it did before, it still slows down some but not nearly as much. This is where that torque comes in.

With my re pitched impellers, it will cavitate if I go full throttle from a stand still, but I can walk the throttles up pretty quickly. Once it starts building up some speed there is a bit of what I would call a mid range hook, a little bit of a burst in acceleration, mind you it is not earth shaking but it is there. Talk with Glen at Impros and I’m sure he will have a solution for you.

To be fair, I do not think with 5-6 people on board and a full load of fuel you will be able to get 40mph out of it, I think mid thirties is going to be about it. I do however hope that you will prove me wrong!

Stubok

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This seems like as good a thread as any for me to ask, if anyone has played around with Lucky13 cones on their FSH210.

I chatted to Jerry at Greenhulk about them because I think there is a good chance they’ll help our platform out when weighed down with people or ballast. He agrees L13’s should really benefit the TR-1’s on 155mm pumps, and he has helped me out with a small discount.

I installed ridesteady at the end of summer and love that for maintaining speed in corners while towing inflatables, as well as just keeping set speed for skiers/wake boarders. I also think it’ll help me track the benefits of l13 cones too. My plan is to baseline before I switch the cones (mph, rpm, fuel use), probably along the lines of 10mph, 20mph, 30pm and full throttle (for me 42mph) with just the wife and kids. Then do those again with 1500lbs ballast (750lbs under center console + 750lbs behind the bench seat to the rider side). Then do it all again with the L13 cones installed.

Ive read @swatski threads and a fair amount of others and I in general like the idea of being able tune each side a little differently. I do have about 200rpm different between port and starboard engines at WOT.

I am expecting a drop in top end rpm and speed since while the L13 improves efficiency (which I take to mean smooths out the flow after the impeller and because of the added volume it increases overall velocity out the nozzle), it also will add some back pressure and from memory pump laws say power must increase to the cube of pressure drop. So unless you can increase power at top end you won’t be able to maintain the same rpm because of the marginal increase in pressure drop. We’ll see I guess.

Following the L13’s My next stop might be an ECU flash to get a richer mixture and a bump in power. I don’t need more that 8000rpm, but even 5HP more potentially makes a noticeable difference with L13’s installed.