• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212X Second Bilge Pump

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ugh... Just when I thought I finished the project.

I'm starting a radio install next so I'll be running more wires anyways I suppose.
Suggestion, just install a positive and negative bus under the dash. Fuse the positive feed at the battery for the size of feed wire you will use, then use in line fuses or breakers between the bus and devices that will smaller wires.

slickstick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Suggestion, just install a positive and negative bus under the dash. Fuse the positive feed at the battery for the size of feed wire you will use, then use in line fuses or breakers between the bus and devices that will smaller wires.

Good point. I actually bought this to use for the radio. I can just use one of the grounds on it for the switch.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

slickstick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Went to remove the pump on the mount plate I made and instead seal it to the bottom on the bilge. Unfortunately, this boat has a tight curved bilge at the bottom and it won't work, not enough space.

So the question becomes, is it beneficial having the second pump located in the bilge if the boat takes on a large amount of water before it kicks in? Could there be some situation where this is advantageous or should I relocated it to the engine bay next to the original pump?

Right now the water will fill right until it touches the bottom of the engines before it kicks in. Not sure if that could be a problem in a situation where boat is filling and still trying to run the engines. How high can the water fill before this becomes a problem with the engines?

Water level right before the pump kicked in:
PXL_20210625_002843826.jpg
PXL_20210625_002852191.jpg

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The problem that could come up when driving is that you will not know the bilge pump is running and you could still fill the engine bay with water especially older models that have the clip in type clean out plugs that have been known to blow and lodge in the tube forcing water into the engine bay . The simple inexpensive solution are water alarms these battery operated ones are great and you can hear it clearly zip tie it in the engine compartment five minute install three seconds to test for operation lick your finger and touch the sensor . Hang the sensor 2'' above the bilge if it rings you know you have a problem before its to late. I had the rule water alarm in my other boat but this is simple and does the same thing

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I purchased a similar one from HD. Worked fine for a week, and then it went haywire and alarms all the time. (Even when the sensor is removed from the engine compartment and wiped clean). Could the salt air cause this?

Thinking I might be installing the Rule (or similar) high water alarm for piece of mind during the off season.