• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

222 FSH Sport E real world MPG

ClemsonTigers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
2.7 MPG @ 30mph 70 degree water at sea level 2 people full fuel. Just wanted to update if anyone was curious

Attachments

• IMG_0060.jpeg
    IMG_0060.jpeg
    460.4 KB · Views: 17
Thanks for posting!

I think that 2.7 avg mpg includes some idle ahead time though. If you divide 30 mph by 11.4 gph you get 2.63 mpg, which is still good and is a significant gain over the boat test numbers.

There was a mistake in the boat test numbers for 6000 rpm, their mpg at 6000 rpm shows 2.2 when it’s actually 2.15, 28 mph / 13 gph =2.15 a range of 145 miles with a 10% reserve.

C26F4A5D-6C71-4003-96C0-AC36D1AC9D57.jpeg

Your real world numbers of 6000 rpm @30mph / 11.4 gph gives you a range of 177.52 miles with a 10% reserve, that’s a huge 41.52 mile increase in range over boat tests 136! 67.5 gallons (75-10%) X 2.63=177.52. That’s gotta feel pretty good!
69F91E6A-073C-4767-85D3-8DF80FE3BB91.jpeg

@FSH 210 Sport thanks for pointing that out. I will get numbers at all RPM’s and speeds so maybe we can remake a more accurate graph !

@FSH 210 Sport thanks for pointing that out. I will get numbers at all RPM’s and speeds so maybe we can remake a more accurate graph !

Right on…. I know Capt Shelly said that test conditions were hot and humid, 90° / 90% and not good for performance, so it’s great to see the numbers we were hoping for in regards to best cruise and range, I know I’m stoked to see that 177 mile range out of a full load of fuel, and, your mpg will increase as the fuel load burns off, a half tank of fuel weighs 210 pounds.

Now I want to see some fish on the deck of your boat!

Back