• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 FSH Anchor

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone tell me what size fluke anchor will fit in the anchor storage compartment of a 2022 255 FSH Sport e?

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
also not to Hijack but any info on the 255xd anchor.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@SDAnderson51 Just measure the Stock length - the bar that holds the flukes. FYI - the part where the chain attaches is called the Shank and it confuses people sometimes - the Stock is the critical measurement to fit. I bought a Fortress G7 (4lbs) anchor as it's very light and easy to handle, and it was 18" across which is about 3/4 inch short in my boat so I screwed in rubber grommets on the ends of the keepers and it's tight in there now. Once you know the width of the keepers, you can size your anchor...should be about 20" for your boat.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@SDAnderson51 Just measure the Stock length - the bar that holds the flukes. FYI - the part where the chain attaches is called the Shank and it confuses people sometimes - the Stock is the critical measurement to fit. I bought a Fortress G7 (4lbs) anchor as it's very light and easy to handle, and it was 18" across which is about 3/4 inch short in my boat so I screwed in rubber grommets on the ends of the keepers and it's tight in there now. Once you know the width of the keepers, you can size your anchor...should be about 20" for your boat.
Diagram of parts of an anchor.

20220214_073550.jpg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FWIW, I bought a 9# slip ring type of danforth / fluke anchor for my 210 FSH. The stock was too long so I just trimmed the amount off that I needed for it to fit into the anchor keeper, 1/2” or so from each side. Nice thing about the slip ring design is that it is self freeing.

You can do the same thing with a regular fluke anchor be securing the chain to the base of the shank near the stock, then use a Ty wrap to hold the chain in position at the tip of the shank. If the anchor gets stuck, get up wind and when you pull on the rode the tywrap at the tip of the shank will break and the chain will pull at the base freeing the anchor.

Jason A. Bolt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone here welded stock onto a plow anchor in order for it to properly stow it into the anchor locker on a FSH210?