• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

5 gallon bucket locker

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
All,

Was chasing mystery water incursion….sometimes no water out the hull drain, other times a couple of gallons. Finally correlated the water in the bilge those times I was taking 5 gallon buckets and washing the deck down.

I found the main deck drain was not sealed well either, removed that cleaned it all up and resealed it. Was still getting water out after the 5 gallon bucket rinse treatment, I started to suspect the 5 gallon bucket storage locker as the source. Found the latch was not pulling the hatch down tight on the seal, tightened the latch bar two rotations and now zero water comes out of the drain plug at the end of the day.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All,

Was chasing mystery water incursion….sometimes no water out the hull drain, other times a couple of gallons. Finally correlated the water in the bilge those times I was taking 5 gallon buckets and washing the deck down.

I found the main deck drain was not sealed well either, removed that cleaned it all up and resealed it. Was still getting water out after the 5 gallon bucket rinse treatment, I started to suspect the 5 gallon bucket storage locker as the source. Found the latch was not pulling the hatch down tight on the seal, tightened the latch bar two rotations and now zero water comes out of the drain plug at the end of the day.
I LOVE that you found this, and that it worked for you.

I HATE that is was such an obscure thing that took forever to find.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I LOVE that you found this, and that it worked for you.

I HATE that is was such an obscure thing that took forever to find.
It went from a slight annoyance to a mystery that needed to be solved. There was never even close enough water to activate the bilge pump.. I also noticed that the clean out tray hatch latch is kinda loose as well, I’ll tighten that up this week.

Overall Im 100% happy with my boat. It does everything I ask of it and there is still a lot more untapped value that I will be exploiting this summer! I’ve got the towables ready to go, just need a bbq and would like to add the JBP casting / sun bathing deck up front.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will have to see if I can tighten mine too so that I don't have to deal with the drain on top.

Like others I have the issue where the damn 5 gallon bucket hatch (main floor compartment) drain is clogged/doesn't drain so water sits around the seal. I know there is a video on YouTube that shows how to reroute it, but has anyone else figure out an easier or better solution? I almost want to just unplug or remove it and let the water run out via the drain on the floor by the bucket.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will have to see if I can tighten mine too so that I don't have to deal with the drain on top.

Like others I have the issue where the damn 5 gallon bucket hatch (main floor compartment) drain is clogged/doesn't drain so water sits around the seal. I know there is a video on YouTube that shows how to reroute it, but has anyone else figure out an easier or better solution? I almost want to just unplug or remove it and let the water run out via the drain on the floor by the bucket.
Here’s a vid I found that may be helpfu.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It went from a slight annoyance to a mystery that needed to be solved. There was never even close enough water to activate the bilge pump.. I also noticed that the clean out tray hatch latch is kinda loose as well, I’ll tighten that up this week.

Overall Im 100% happy with my boat. It does everything I ask of it and there is still a lot more untapped value that I will be exploiting this summer! I’ve got the towables ready to go, just need a bbq and would like to add the JBP casting / sun bathing deck up front.
Here you goBCAC23CF-8EEA-47CD-AA0D-EA2C4DAB82B5.png

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well marsh foot not duck foot , but works well and covers a paddle requirement if needed on your boat with that attachment as well. Very well built I like it. Used for pushing boat off when stuck also.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks awesome ! Love the leash on the grill!

What is the green handle thingie above the dock stick?
The grill works great that’s the second one I have because that’s down in Florida the other one I’ve had at my house for probably 20 years It can go in the trunk of the car. It can go in the back of a truck for a work lunch, use it at concerts use it for picnics it’s got cast-iron grates and works awesome. If you pull up to a beach somewhere you could just take it to the beach and use, it it works on a little propane bottles or at the house you can get an adapter and run it off a 20 pound cylinder.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The grill works great that’s the second one I have because that’s down in Florida the other one I’ve had at my house for probably 20 years It can go in the trunk of the car. It can go in the back of a truck for a work lunch, use it at concerts use it for picnics it’s got cast-iron grates and works awesome. If you pull up to a beach somewhere you could just take it to the beach and use, it it works on a little propane bottles or at the house you can get an adapter and run it off a 20 pound cylinder.
Thanks! Looks like a very capable grill!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You don't grill while out??
We do not right now. We usually pack "cold" lunches, and then if we're out long enough we'll get bar food from a marina.

Uncle had a Coleman camp stove on a stand on his Pontoon, and other friends have had grills that we've contributed to in the past, but it's not a regular occurrence for us.

I really like the idea, and premise of grilling on the boat, but our little 19ft'er doesn't have a really good place to store a grill, hold the grill, or otherwise use it on board. I've looked at getting a table leg and stand, and then pulling it out when needed, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I really like the setup you have there with the grill over the side, then the storage area as a "side counter" of sorts. Looks really usable and a nice addition to stay on the water longer.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We do not right now. We usually pack "cold" lunches, and then if we're out long enough we'll get bar food from a marina.

Uncle had a Coleman camp stove on a stand on his Pontoon, and other friends have had grills that we've contributed to in the past, but it's not a regular occurrence for us.

I really like the idea, and premise of grilling on the boat, but our little 19ft'er doesn't have a really good place to store a grill, hold the grill, or otherwise use it on board. I've looked at getting a table leg and stand, and then pulling it out when needed, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I really like the setup you have there with the grill over the side, then the storage area as a "side counter" of sorts. Looks really usable and a nice addition to stay on the water longer.
We grill almost every time out. If you find a beach or sandbar you can make something similar to what I did. I also can just set it on a towel on the swimdeck and grill if in deep water. Someday I might make an adapter to be able to use the table leg but for now it works great.

1622212654074.png

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We grill almost every time out. If you find a beach or sandbar you can make something similar to what I did. I also can just set it on a towel on the swimdeck and grill if in deep water. Someday I might make an adapter to be able to use the table leg but for now it works great.

View attachment 151636
We rarely beach. Most of the shoreline on our most frequented lakes is rocky/woods area. I do like that sand spike setup though.

Since we're pretty well water locked for boating I was going to fab something similar to this.

Sccala

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
All,

i’m dealing with water getting in my ski locker whenever I rinse out the floor at the end of each use. Instead of the water just following the channels to the back of the boat and into the bilge area, a lot of the water seemingly is flowing right past the weatherstripping and into the ski locker. Is this what you were dealing with? It’s a pain in the neck. Especially since I like to keep a lot of things in there that kind of need to stay dry or else they get gross… Like my table, both table attachment poles, fenders, grill, etc. I actually had replacing the weatherstripping on my to do list for this week, since I figured that must be the issueand to be honest, the weatherstripping is looking pretty flattened since it’s probably the original stripping and it’s a 2011 boat. But, are you telling me that all you did was lift up the latch handle and rotate it a few times? I didn’t even know that rotating it worked like a screw and would tighten the latch itself. Am I following you correctly?

Steve

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
i’m dealing with water getting in my ski locker whenever I rinse out the floor at the end of each use. Instead of the water just following the channels to the back of the boat and into the bilge area, a lot of the water seemingly is flowing right past the weatherstripping and into the ski locker. Is this what you were dealing with? It’s a pain in the neck. Especially since I like to keep a lot of things in there that kind of need to stay dry or else they get gross… Like my table, both table attachment poles, fenders, grill, etc. I actually had replacing the weatherstripping on my to do list for this week, since I figured that must be the issueand to be honest, the weatherstripping is looking pretty flattened since it’s probably the original stripping and it’s a 2011 boat. But, are you telling me that all you did was lift up the latch handle and rotate it a few times? I didn’t even know that rotating it worked like a screw and would tighten the latch itself. Am I following you correctly?

Steve
Without seeing the latch set up, and assuming its like mine, yes, you loosen the set screw so you can adjust the latching bar up towards the hatch. It may take a little trial and error to get the right tension.

If the vinyl seal strip is flattened and non ply able you may want to replace that first, my boat is only a year old so the seal is still plenty flexible.

One thing I noticed after tightening the latch, when I open it now after it has been sitting a day or so, I can hear the hatch lid kind of peel away from the gasket. So far so good!

Hope that helps!

Sccala

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Without seeing the latch set up, and assuming its like mine, yes, you loosen the set screw so you can adjust the latching bar up towards the hatch. It may take a little trial and error to get the right tension.

If the vinyl seal strip is flattened and non ply able you may want to replace that first, my boat is only a year old so the seal is still plenty flexible.

One thing I noticed after tightening the latch, when I open it now after it has been sitting a day or so, I can hear the hatch lid kind of peel away from the gasket. So far so good!

Hope that helps!
Oh yeah. If you can hear the audible separation of the fiberglass locker door and the vinyl weatherstripping… That’s a damn good seal. Mine definitely does not have that. I’ll replace the weatherstripping first and then try your screw re-tentioning trick

cheers