• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Abyss Light sale (24 MORE)

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you don't change out your switch then you can use the piggy back spade connector. Put the piggy back spade on your power lead for the underwater leds, put that on the courtesy light switch and the factory courtesy spade connector will go on the piggy back.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Or can I get a 10 or 20 amp switch, then put both led's ..4 amps total along with the courtesy light 2 amps totalling 6 amps used and have 14 amps left for speaker rings cup holder lights etc..??

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The factory switch will probably handle the current, most rocker switches are 20 amps, but what won't handle all the current is the breaker that feeds the switch, the parts diagram shows it at 5 amps.

Last edited:

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The factory switch will probably handle the current, most rocker switches are 20 amps, but what won't handle all the current is the breaker that feeds the switch, the parts diagram shows it at 5 amps.
This is exactly right. The switch can handle the current, but the circuit breaker limits this circuit to 5 amps. The on-off-on rocker switch method is what I did.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
so basically both red wires to the switch both black wires to the negative of the battery and you're done

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
But.... once on plane it looks awesome!
I believe that it is illegal to have the underwater lights on while the boat is moving. I may do it occasionally but please make sure that they are switched where they are not always on while the stern light is on.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I believe that it is illegal to have the underwater lights on while the boat is moving. I may do it occasionally but please make sure that they are switched where they are not always on while the stern light is on.
The law is vague and up for interpretation by law enforcement. The law basically says that no lights shall be on that interfers with the navigation lights. I do agree with @Bruce that the underwater leds should not be on the anchor light switch. What if you run into a officer that says your underwater lights should not be on, how are going to turn them off?

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I was stopped by the coast guard for random inspection last weekend and they said nothing about the light. It's only one light and the water is really murky. There is an inline fuse behind the dash on the light wire I can pull if necessary.

Thanks for the concern.

(I should also point out that there were only 4 boats crossing through the channel that night, and they pulled every single one of them over. After they finished with me they rushed over to a 35' cruiser and stopped it)

Last edited:

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its like high beams on a car. Not illegal, but not allowed at all times. The key phrase is "not interfere with navigation lights". That is up to interpretation by the law enforcement official under the circumstances.

Transom lights are not usually a problem. The bigger problem is boaters using their forward "docking" lights as though they were headlights on the open water.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If your underwater light on the stern is out of the water when at speed you could creating a navigational hazard to the vessel(s) behind you by blinding them and can be cited.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very good idea I may just do it that way or possibly find a switch that can handle the 2 LED's and the courtesy light at the same time.
Just a suggestion. I think you'll find over time that you will want to be able to turn your underwater lights on separately from any other light.

Cowboy Casey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I put the starfish template into power point and changed the size to fit these lights... it is really close but I have not tried it yet... i did put it onto the light and the holes match up...

Attachments

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It seems I may have misplaced the 3 screws for each light (6 total) does anyone have the sizes?

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ill need 6 total 3 for each light. If not no biggie at all, once I find the size I can pick them up at the hardware store. Let me know thanks !!

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hey @Tranio any chance you can get extra screws, like we were saying a little while ago ? Or just get me the size and I can go pick some up.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Tranio , how about seeing if your neighbor has any S1515 units in blue that he wants to sell cheap! I am a BIG supporter of that unit and hated to see it be replaced. I am guessing that these units, being his design, are just as capable, just not the same output.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you repost the price and description so we don't have to dig through 5 pages? Thanks!