• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another Trolling motor/electronics question..

cam@LKN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
These are things i purchased when installing the 57" Force on my 210:

1. Crimper tool Part HX-50BI (Amazon)
2. ANCOR 6-2 Gauge Duplex Wire by the Foot Model # 290882 (From West Marine)
3. Blue Seas 60A circuit breaker Part ‎7184-BSS (Amazon)
4. Terminal Battery Covers Part Keensokcg28y6nm (Amazon)
5. 5/16" Tinned Copper Ring Battery Terminal for 6AWG (this was specific to my Lithium battery) Part MDS0656PW-10 (Amazon)
6. Marinco 70A Trolling motor plug and receptical ‎Part 12VCPS3 (Amazon)
7. 1/4" ring terminals (for the circuit breaker studs) (think i got these at West Marine)

Been very pleased thus far but only up and running for 1 month so can't speak to long-term longevity. I am running a 36v Dakota lithium. Love the integration with my Garmin 126SV chartplotter. I also set it up with a MKA 52/62 quick dismount. Ordered a 7" x 23.5" aluminum plate (5052) from Midwest Steel in lieu of factory mount (@jjwelly gave me this idea). Size was perfect for me.
Picture of my setup…

Attachments

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Picture of my setup…
Very nice.

My list would be almost the exact same, but I went with the Minnkota plug instead, since it sits flatter when inserted.
MKR-26 is the model number I went with for the plug. My only hang-up with it is it's only 8 gauge, but it's *very* well built.
If you are running 2 or 3 batteries in series you'll need a few extra feet of wire and extra set of ring terminals for each battery.

Cabeard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the list. I just looked up that Dakota lithium. Wow! That’s a lot more expensive than I was thinking. It would be nice to have for the space and weight reduction, but I don’t know if I can justify that. Do either of you use a solar charger?

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah there are alternatives to the Dakotas. I went with the iPowerQueen ones a few weeks ago. So far so good. Did a lot of research on build quality and I don’t need the heated batteries so for 400$ each they were a huge win. 10 year warranty too and they ship from California.

Last edited:

cam@LKN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the list. I just looked up that Dakota lithium. Wow! That’s a lot more expensive than I was thinking. It would be nice to have for the space and weight reduction, but I don’t know if I can justify that. Do either of you use a solar charger?
I dont use solar power to charge. I use the charger that came with the battery. There is a discount code that knocks off 10% the price of the Dakota battery I found. Type “SBFISHING“. The 11 year warranty is what sold me.

Cabeard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah, but $1,700 price tag for one battery is crazy! Thanks for the discount code, but still outta my price range.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You have three options for batteries:

Lead Acid, AGM, and Lithium.
Each choice has pros and cons, and most of those are price, weight, and longevity.

I get asked this question constantly and in the end Lithium is the way to go. It's going to cost you more in the front end, but you're going to be much happier with it long term.

Flooded Lead Acid (FLA) Deep Cycle, while being the cheapest is also the heaviest, and you will have to replace it in just a few years most likely. It also increases the weight of your boat therefore increasing your fuel consumption. The chemicals inside this battery also very toxic and if damaged, you're going to be in a world of hurt on your boat.

AGM or Absorbant Glass Mat, is the next best option but it also does not have the longevity of lithium even though it is lighter and better than Lead Acid.

Lithium (LiFEPO4) batteries have increased longevity and much lower weight. However they are more expensive. The chemicals inside a lithium battery are also non-toxic in case of damage. These batteries can last up to 10 times as long as an FLA.

With the way fuel prices are these days, the less weight you have on your boat the less fuel you will burn.

Last edited: