• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Any new Yamaha 2025 Boats rumors, info, or guesses?

wardial

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Just got the annual new boats coming out email...

ALL-NEW 2025 BOAT LINEUP COMING AUGUST 9TH

Prepare to elevate your on-the-water adventures. Our biggest product launch ever goes live on August 9th at 8PM EST.
Who's got the dirt?

"biggest" product launch? Dear god, please let it be a pocket cruiser...

I’d have to imagine they supercharged the 1.9

I’d have to imagine they supercharged the 1.9
I think that would be a very logical assumption. And those that are power hungry may just order them up and push down the value of the NA 1.9's and 1.8's a bit.

The flagship boats would be the first to get them of course. 275 series and the X-model boats. I do believe there is a market for mid sized SS and X models to get a kick in the pants. It used to be the 212x and 212ss had the best power to weight ratio. It would be cool to see a 225x and 225ss with SC 1.9 engines.

A 225LS might be a nice replacement boat for those of us with aging 242ls boats. Give me a reason to go away from a near perfect boat, other than just swim up seats (which I want dearly) But a bump in HP without going to the 25ft boat may be cool.

Honestly, the rumor mill is rampant with Yamaha coming out with a totally different boat design not seen. We have seen those test mule spy photos in other threads of the waverunner in an odd shaped hull. There is a chance we see a Switch style pontoon. Or may be a Shuttlecraft style docking waverunner.

SeaDoo proved there is a stepping stone market to get their PWC owners into the boating world. And a crossover helped them gain market share. Yamaha may take a stab at that market as well. That will not effect anyone in the group, until they move from that gateway drug into an actual boat, but you never know.

1.9SVHO Please! And a higher windshield in the 275!

Love to see more ballast in the 255X in the next few years.

SeaDoo proved there is a stepping stone market to get their PWC owners into the boating world. And a crossover helped them gain market share. Yamaha may take a stab at that market as well. That will not effect anyone in the group, until they move from that gateway drug into an actual boat, but you never know.

Agreed. And in that same spirit... isn't there a stepping stone market to get their existing bowrider owners in the cruiser world? Or do they just give up on that market when people move up.

I also got the Yamaha email regarding the release of the new waverunners. Same description... "Our biggest product launch ever"... so I'm not reading into that for any insight now. Unless everything they release will be large this year.

They're pretty good at keeping things under wraps until the release.

Hopefully they do something useful with the 27' series, such a disappointment. a 27' FSH would sell like hotcakes IMO if they kept it in the same price range as the 27' SD.

I was checking the yamaha website and for the 22 foot boats in mentioned 1.8 and 1.9L engines, so could this be the end of the TR-1 engines for AR 220 and SX 220?

Love to see more ballast in the 255X in the next few years.
Won't help. I bring extra ballast and it just makes the shitty speed control that much worse. What they really need to do is get away from the waverunner hardware and develop a pump system that's boat worthy. Not just parts bin choices from the waverunners.

The 255 series barely can handle the 1600 lbs on boat and some passengers without having a hard time hitting and holding speed.

What would be dope is to have a vertically adjustable nozzle to provide trim control like the Berkley jet pumps…

A 27’ FSH might be possible, but there needs to be a wave eating hull design to go with it, some bow flare that will take some of the interior space to promote a dryer ride, sharper bow entry and perhaps a little bit sharper dead rise.

Last edited:
Won't help. I bring extra ballast and it just makes the shitty speed control that much worse. What they really need to do is get away from the waverunner hardware and develop a pump system that's boat worthy. Not just parts bin choices from the waverunners.

The 255 series barely can handle the 1600 lbs on boat and some passengers without having a hard time hitting and holding speed.
That sucks. So is the speed control RPM based vs. gps like the lower model boats (like mine)? The Ridesteady has been magical for the wakeboarding. Or is it something else making it a pain (ie lack of torque etc..)?

As like every year I wish for them to get closer to the tow boats for wake sports. As others have mentioned there's a lot of issues with them just throwing more ballast at it. Kyma has shown 3k lbs is possible with a V8. Yamaha won't do anything to push the market.

Agreed. And in that same spirit... isn't there a stepping stone market to get their existing bowrider owners in the cruiser world? Or do they just give up on that market when people move up.

Yamaha has yet to import their big cruisers from Asia. It's a great market for them over there. But in North America, that market is saturated with bigger players. They have found it better to partner with them, and sell what they do best, engines.

It does look like they may have to up their game, as Mercury and Mercury racing are really leading that top of the line outboard world on offshore boats. And it's trickling down to the inland market. Yes, Mercury racing is a separate division. And we have seen single and dual 450R/500R outboards on pontoons in Minnesota!

1723213276098.png

Last edited:
Mercury is feeling the pain as well as the boating industry retracts to pre-pandemic levels. Their HQ is in Fond du Lac, WI which is at the southern tip of Lake Winnebago and we drive past it every weekend on the way to Oshkosh. They eliminated 300 positions and are "temporarily" laying off 1700 employees as they shut down production for a total of six weeks between now and the end of they year. This article is pretty good and goes into some of the sales numbers during the pandemic and how far it's fallen off afterwards:

The old Evinrude plant in Sturtevant is where the SeaDoo Switch is built and they laid off 298 workers permanently in March and May:

Last edited:
Just got the annual new boats coming out email...

ALL-NEW 2025 BOAT LINEUP COMING AUGUST 9TH

Prepare to elevate your on-the-water adventures. Our biggest product launch ever goes live on August 9th at 8PM EST.
Who's got the dirt?

"biggest" product launch? Dear god, please let it be a pocket cruiser...
Where can we watch it live?

Where can we watch it live?
There has never been a live reveal. But many dealers that go to the dealer show will be putting up vids on YouTube as soon as Yamaha allows it. And yamaha will update their site as soon as the dealers see the info, or within 24hrs.

This usually includes walkthrough videos of each line, marketing vids and updated website. This forum has also been known to have great write ups on each segment as well thanks to the veteran members and admins.

Stay tuned...

Cant wait!

No announcements just yet for another 30 minutes, but here’s a nice notebook design for the attendees

IMG_0158.jpeg

If you try the boat website it brings you to the 2025 waverunners page.
Like last year glitchy

Back