• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Any new Yamaha 2025 Boats rumors, info, or guesses?

They do this every year to pump up the excitement, but in reality they just pumped up the prices and changed colors
What we called BNG in the dirt bike world, Bold New Graphics

Looks like the TR-1 engines are still in a couple of boats… it appears that the NA 1.8 is now gone from all the models? The 1.8 SVHO stays, for now, it’s bullet proof and there doesn’t seem to be a need for greater power, even a modest one from the new 1.9, or perhaps development of a SVHO had some reliability things come up that will have to be engineered out before releasing.

There are some other color changes that look nice as well….

The mobile app has a few updates but is otherwise void of details. My “old” iPad 2016 model, doesn’t play well with the dot com site so I’ll avoid being frustrated and wait until the app is updated.

@Wicked92

I noticed the Hertz speakers as well. Wonder what happened to WetSounds. WetSounds definitely has a better brand recognition.

Not much has changed… color combos are nice but for the increased price I don’t see much reason to switch(not that I was even thinking of it)🤪

Now that we’re still in the same boat as last year.. Is the general consensus to go with the 1.9 or the 1.8svho?

Thread 'New Boat Decision time!'
New Boat Decision time!

“I don’t see much reason to switch”

They aren’t expecting you to switch, it’s a gradual process, if you bought a 2015 boat, you’re most likely to start considering new options around 2030. There will be many changes by then

This year was heavily focused on casual boaters, and probably will be always more focused on casual boaters. Color and comfort changes make more sales.

Lower powered boats are getting "Racing Inspired" aesthetic changes but no actual performance increase, people on a forum site can see right though it, but these changes totally appeal to an audience who just wants to go fast on water.

Interested in the swim up steps for the 19'. Do they look retrofittable?
This is a pretty neat addition to the 19’ boats. 😀

Jim

@Powersaj

Yea yea yea I know... I like to dream, so don't ruin my moment when I thought I could swap out my 6month old 255 for a new one in an even swap...:winkingthumbsup"

Shape changes to the hull and thruster feed
Hull looks identical with the last 20" cut back.
I heard something about the drive x, moving the nozzles now to "surf point" angles, rather then having them engaged 24/7. 15* or something ifv the sorts. Curious if it's more drastic then prior years.

This year was heavily focused on casual boaters, and probably will be always more focused on casual boaters. Color and comfort changes make more sales.

Lower powered boats are getting "Racing Inspired" aesthetic changes but no actual performance increase, people on a forum site can see right though it, but these changes totally appeal to an audience who just wants to go fast on water.
Thank you for the posts!

Did I miss or overlook something? Can't seem to find much new. I was out of town on vacation and now back and browsing Yamaha's website.

$58k for an AR220 with TR-1's?

This is a pretty neat addition to the 19’ boats. 😀

Jim
All this talk about steps? I am assuming folks meant swim up seats? More than one person posted swim up steps, so I had to go check it out. Seats unless I missed something.

That new black is amazing to look at, and cook eggs on. I can't imagine how hot that will get. Folks will be frying feet right and left.

It looks amazing from the back, but the sides need a stripe to match the interior. More smokey and the bandit style.

What we called BNG in the dirt bike world, Bold New Graphics
BNG it is. You can tell it's a yawn year for boats when this is the only live thread with posts about an announcement that happened three days ago!

I do like the yamaha is taking the SeaDoo Spark market more seriously. Not everyone needs a $20K waverunner.

All this talk about steps? I am assuming folks meant swim up seats? More than one person posted swim up steps, so I had to go check it out. Seats unless I missed something.

That new black is amazing to look at, and cook eggs on. I can't imagine how hot that will get. Folks will be frying feet right and left.

It looks amazing from the back, but the sides need a stripe to match the interior. More smokey and the bandit style.
lol, I read seats even though Sam posted “steps”, which I believe is what he meant to post.

You can see the swim up seat brackets, on the new 19’ pics.

Jim

lol, I read seats even though Sam posted “steps”, which I believe is what he meant to post.

You can see the swim up seat brackets, on the new 19’ pics.

Jim
That was my take on it as well. I still want a retro fit kit for my older 242LS. We have no sandbars on our lake, so swim up seats would be money. (just too much money)

Back