• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ANYONE NEED UPHOLSTERY DONE?

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great! Please post back with your positive experience when it’s done. I’m so sick of seeing all the scams on FB, I feel like I’m questioning everyone that’s trying to sell a product or service lately.
I bought a set of skins a year or so ago and had a great experience dealing with them. I had a issue with fitment on a couple I think because the back cushions changed slightly in 2006, they paid to have my old skins shipped to them and I had new ones very quickly.

CA Sterling Archer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have templates for a 2013 AR192? I noticed you didn’t mention them for you upholstery or skin set list. Also, approximate cost? Thanks

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I completed my order with Hugo a few weeks ago. Good experience so far. I’m looking forward to the final outcome but not necessarily the work I will have to put in to get there. 6914FA6E-500B-49B2-B13F-0DE449812EFA.jpeg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Have most of you installed yourselves?
I had someone lined up for the install but his wife had a stroke and he isn't really interested anymore. Starting to clean up the garage to set up and do this

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve prepped most of the materials and tools in anticipation of getting the skins soon. Ialso got a quote of $1,800 to have an upholsterer so it. I plan to try a few myself before deciding if I should pay someone to do this job.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I’ve prepped most of the materials and tools in anticipation of getting the skins soon. Ialso got a quote of $1,800 to have an upholsterer so it. I plan to try a few myself before deciding if I should pay someone to do this job.
I've got the skins, stapler and stainless staples. Need a decent puller

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've got the skins, stapler and stainless staples. Need a decent puller
I bought a variety but recommend this set. The scissor like one is great. I think one is $8, and three $18. The screw driver like model nice as well (Home Depot sells a version for $5), the hook, eh, sometimes it’s hard to get under the hook under the staple.
96FB0D44-B249-448F-A41A-BDC3F2DDEFEB.png93327E28-F947-4FFC-B593-B068FD5D883D.png82723C28-500F-4332-848D-62A48FE8F660.png

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I bought a variety but recommend this set. The scissor like one is great. I think one is $8, and three $18. The screw driver like model nice as well (Home Depot sells a version for $5), the hook, eh, sometimes it’s hard to get under the hook under the staple.
View attachment 197595View attachment 197596View attachment 197597
Here are the tools we use to pull staples. The yellow handled puller does all the work. If a staple breaks, we use the little pliers to finish pulling.

195CE834-984F-487D-8860-FB9040C96758.jpeg

Here is the stapler. A long nose stapler works well. You will wish you had pneumatic. Manual will just piss you off. Electric may work if you can adjust the shot for depth. We adjust air pressure to seat the 1/4" s.s. staples into different backing materials.

59E36825-E502-4E36-96D1-7B139DA1051C.jpeg

She just recovered this scooter seat. Yes she stitched the diamonds.

14E093BD-3E6E-4CB5-B4A6-7516F38AB131.jpeg

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I borrows the same staple gun from a member here who reskinned his cushions last year. It’s also the one the upholstery guy recommends.

@Speedling, your results may vary but it took my cousin and I about 12 hours to remove all of the staples from all of the cushions on my boat. we did it over two days. In retrospect, if you want to speed the process up you may consider cutting the old upholstery off at the staples so only a thin (half to one inch) strip of it remains under the staples and use some pliers / vice grips to pull the strip and j hopefully the staples out with it.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Can someone recommend what kind of foam I need? I lost a cushion. I have a new skin. If someone has a 2012 242 Limited S and could possibly send the dimensions of the board of the cushion behind the captain’s chair, that would save a lot of hassle. Thanks!!

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can someone recommend what kind of foam I need? I lost a cushion. I have a new skin. If someone has a 2012 242 Limited S and could possibly send the dimensions of the board of the cushion behind the captain’s chair, that would save a lot of hassle. Thanks!!
I can get you a generic measurement. Mine is a 2010 but should be the same. I also modified that seat to hinge open, so youll have to add 1-2"

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I can get you a generic measurement. Mine is a 2010 but should be the same. I also modified that seat to hinge open, so youll have to add 1-2"
That would be great! Thank you! That will get me the right shape, which will help al lot.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's some pics. The area I modified does not effect the total length or width of the piece you'll need to buy. Looks like you'll want a piece 5' long and 2' wide to get what you'll need.

Attachments

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here's some pics. The area I modified does not effect the total length or width of the piece you'll need to buy. Looks like you'll want a piece 5' long and 2' wide to get what you'll need.
What I really need, in addition to what you sent, are the measurements of the shape of the board and the thickness. Maybe the best scenario would be to trace the board on a piece of paper and mail it. That‘s a big ask though, I know. Feel free to say hell no. Ha!

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If i can find some paper big enough to trace it on, I will, but then it would be easier to just mail the paper rather than try to get all the angles right.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe the thickness is 3/4"

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That would be awesome! I’ll be glad to pay you. Let me know you find some paper. A couple ideas come to mind that you might have laying around. Christmas wrapping paper or a paper leaf bag expanded open by pulling apart all the glued seems.

timco1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
These guys did my interior. I actually shipped all of my cushions to them and the shipped them back ready to install in the boat. Great job. Everything fit like a glove. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just wanted the group to know that the Upholstery Guy responded right back and we’re getting things taken care of. Thank you Sir!
Just a follow up to put in a good word for @TheUpholsteryGuy. He sent me a great looking skin at a very reasonable price. However, through a communication mix up, the skin was to the wrong cushion. He told me upfront that he couldn’t get the same material that the 2012 has in it right now. He got it close though. We ended up deciding to purchase an original just make it all look the same. He understood and he’s going to reimburse me. I hate that it worked out that way in the end but at the same time, it was a good experience to work with this company. Hope this helps someone else down the road.