• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone shop Island Racing?

Diablo243

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Island Racing has some items I want to order, but as someone who regularly works in IT security sending my CC info via unencrypted email to an AOL email account seems ludacris in this day and age! Can anyone speak to there experience shopping with these guys?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Island Racing has some items I want to order, but as someone who regularly works in IT security sending my CC info via unencrypted email to an AOL email account seems ludacris in this day and age! Can anyone speak to there experience shopping with these guys?
I've heard several stories of this being the case with them. Haven't personally shopped with them, but have never heard a bad word about them in 5+ years reading about these boats on a semi-daily basis.

With that said......not sure I'll ever buy from them though......for that exact reason

Diablo243

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good to know! I've decided to roll the dice by using a virtual Credit Card from Privacy.com, that way I'm protected and will be able to give my feedback about my experience once completed.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've bought the tow valves from them for three different boats over 11 years. I just recently purchased a set last month. Yes! it is weird sending your CC info on an email application; however, I've never had any issues and my recent purchase went through and I received my product.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got my ribben delete sleeves from them

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
PayPay should be a pretty safe option.

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've known the owner Carl from the late 90s when I lived in NJ and had skis. He's a great guy and does amazing work. You have nothing to worry about. He is extremely well known when it comes to sit down pwc.

Diablo243

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've known the owner Carl from the late 90s when I lived in NJ and had skis. He's a great guy and does amazing work. You have nothing to worry about. He is extremely well known when it comes to sit down pwc.
Thanks this is what I was hoping someone would chime in with!

Damsroy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought my TOW valves from them.
i agree that I was questioning the process as well but I got my items quickly and the quality was very good.

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Seriously he is one of the nicest guys. He's been in business since the 90s. And like I said he is very well known in the aftermarket sit down pwc community for his custom work.

I know his website is rough. But you have nothing to worry about at all.

Diablo243

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Seriously he is one of the nicest guys. He's been in business since the 90s. And like I said he is very well known in the aftermarket sit down pwc community for his custom work.

I know his website is rough. But you have nothing to worry about at all.
I'm honestly less worried about him and more about the security risk of sending CC info unencrypted to an AOL email. I did place an order but used a virtual CC through privacy.com (great tool FYI for any online shopping), I ordered TOW and Ribbon delete like everyone else! Can't wait to get them and Carl if you see this drop me a line, I am a web developer by trade and am always happy to work for trade ;)

Diablo243

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Happy to report ordered arrived fast and fine! There was no communication from the time I submitted order till it arrived but I was able to see CC was processed so I knew it was received. Still don't love this process especially in 2020 but parts are here and as ordered!

ryancoolwind

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I ordered a bunch of stuff about a month ago and haven't been charged or heard a single word since the initial response. Hoping to get my parts quickly before the season starts here in the northeast!

Joshbarraza

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I ordered a bunch of stuff about a month ago and haven't been charged or heard a single word since the initial response. Hoping to get my parts quickly before the season starts here in the northeast!
Have you recorded your products from island racing ??

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm honestly less worried about him and more about the security risk of sending CC info unencrypted to an AOL email. I did place an order but used a virtual CC through privacy.com (great tool FYI for any online shopping), I ordered TOW and Ribbon delete like everyone else! Can't wait to get them and Carl if you see this drop me a line, I am a web developer by trade and am always happy to work for trade ;)
Every time I've thought about buying something from that website, I cringe out and shop somewhere else. Didn't know about privacy.com, maybe I can finally order those two valves, lol.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have ordered from them. Shady payments terms but legit.

ryancoolwind

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
yes i received my items. i had to use another email to remind them. i guess they were backed up and forgot about it? either way all is good thankfully