• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR195 Build Mods

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Does anyone else's engine smoke a little when using the swim deck ballast and wake surfing?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does anyone else's engine smoke a little when using the swim deck ballast and wake surfing?
Mine doesn’t smoke but you can see the exhaust as your running higher RPMs at a much slower speed.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Were you able to try without the Lucky13 cone? My TVW is being delivered tomorrow and I plan on taking the boat (‘19 AR195) out this weekend.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Were you able to try without the Lucky13 cone? My TVW is being delivered tomorrow and I plan on taking the boat (‘19 AR195) out this weekend.
I took my boat out yesterday without any of the spacers installed and it’s not the Lucky 13 cone. I will be removing the TVW as of right now the boat is just unsafe with it installed. I hope your experience is better than mine was.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I took my boat out yesterday without any of the spacers installed and it’s not the Lucky 13 cone. I will be removing the TVW as of right now the boat is just unsafe with it installed. I hope your experience is better than mine was.
That's unfortunate. Be curious to see what others find about them.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's unfortunate. Be curious to see what others find about them.
Me too, I’m very curious to really understand how many people are experiencing the heavy steering issue.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you get on plane with it? If yes, how fast can you go? Does it flap around on you?
At 25 it starts moving around.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
At 25 it starts moving around.
Oh, that's better than what I thought. Amazon reviews stated much worse than that. Maybe they didn't have it tightned?? Who knows. Thanks for the feedback!

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Maintenance Items (Grease & Lubricants)
- After combing through a number of different threads I found the following highly recommended products.

Cost
- Pump Sealant = $10.85
- Marine Grease = $11.42
- Clean out plug lubricant = $7.99

- Pump Sealant: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B3A9HM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Marine Grease: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K9FT8K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Clean out plug sealant: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VTGL9A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reasoning:
- Pump Sealant: After I installed the Lucky 13 cone I noticed very little to no pump sealant was used which could result in increase cavitation.
- Marine Grease: Grease used on the trailer baring buddies and the impeller baring located in the engine compartment
- Clean out plug sealant: Keep a good seal on the plug and to ensure the rubber does not dry out.

Last edited:

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Single Battery Upgrade - Optima Blue Top D27M

- Cost: $266.66 (This is the best deal I was able to find thanks to another member providing the link)
- Website: https://www.bigtimebattery.com/store/optima-blue-top-marine-batteries.html
- Reasoning: This is my third summer with the boat running an amp powering 2 Exile tower speakers and the current interstate battery is starting to lose it's charge quicker. I didn't want to add a second battery so I decided to go with a deep cycle battery with 800 cold cranking amp, 66Ah and reserve capacity of 25 Amps of 140 minutes. Over the next winter I plan on installing an onboard charging system.

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maintenance Items (Grease & Lubricants)
- After combing through a number of different threads I found the following highly recommended products.

Cost
- Pump Sealant = $10.85
- Marine Grease = $11.42
- Clean out plug lubricant = $7.99

- Pump Sealant: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B3A9HM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Marine Grease: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K9FT8K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Clean out plug sealant: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VTGL9A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reasoning:
- Pump Sealant: After I installed the Lucky 13 cone I noticed very little to no pump sealant was used which could result in increase cavitation.
- Marine Grease: Grease used on the trailer baring buddies and the impeller baring located in the engine compartment
- Clean out plug sealant: Keep a good seal on the plug and to ensure the rubber does not dry out.
View attachment 96795
View attachment 96796
View attachment 96797
On the pump sealant. Where at exactly needs more sealant?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I added sealant to the Impeller housing #3, Pump #7 and the Nozzle #27 to ensure a tight seal and that no air can come through resulting in cavitation.