• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Beer Can Island - Tampa Bay

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As soon as I got to the sierra clubs involvement, and that persons statement I was done. Ive dealt with those…. “People“ for decades. The only way this Island will continue to operate the way it has is to have a large group of people, and I mean hundreds, show up at the planning commission meeting, if they even have one, to voice their support which won’t make the difference, the difference will be made by going after the politicians who oversee the planning commission and or control who sits on it. And if the sierra club doesn’t get their way they will file an injunction, that’s what they do.

Very sad…looks like a really groovy place to hang out with friends.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
About the only thing to do if you live on the water in Tampa. Pretty cool place, I don't go very often but would suck for those that do. Pinellas County should join the fight because you take this away it's going to lead to a significant increase of boaters at Rivera Bay and Bunces Pass.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anybody been to BCI since it's been listed for sale? My understanding is that ppl are no longer allowed to go but have heard some folks saying they've been within the last month or two. I assume worst they can do is shoo people off the island but can't do anything about people hanging out in the water?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Guess you will just need to hang out at Egmont key or shell key or Fort Desoto Beach, I moved here in 1972 when I was 20 years old I have been boating since I was 14 years old and after moving to Florida I have watched the place just get worse and worse over the years they just regulate everything to death. I would pull up on the gandy causeway with my boat and my kids and spend a lot of time out there or in Madera beach or Fort Desoto And I would spend the first 2 weeks of June camping on shell key or sister key year after year with my family. We also spent a ton of time at Tierra Verde or at the bridge by the Fort Desoto boat ramp Now all that area is overtaken by illegal businesses and no one does anything about that. So nothing surprises me here .