• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best beach shade?

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Tired of replacing the EZ Up style beach shades every year. They either rust out from getting wet on the boat, or the buttons to extend the poles stop working. What do you guys use and any suggestions?

We got one of these Lycra things with 4 individual poles last year. We use it as a bimini extension for shade on the boat as well although we’re still trying to get that part dialed in when it gets windy.

1615611284260.jpeg

Last edited:
Check out Cool Cabanas, awesome durability and construction and can even use in the wind no problem

We struggled for years to find shades that endure beach camping away Lake Powell. The freak microburst winds will make short work of almost any shade.

We ended up buying 3 if these Kelty shades. We nested them together and attached then to anchors we buried in the sand. They held up surprisingly well over several seasons and endured plenty of wind trauma. They flex vs break. We do have a few poles that have split that were needed to have replaced, we need to look into that. Overall, I'd recommend them.
51jcbNFzAHL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Thanks might check some of those out.

We got one of these Lycra things with 4 individual poles last year. We use it as a bimini extension for shade on the boat as well although we’re still trying to get that part dialed in when it gets windy.

View attachment 144174

What size is that? They show a 7'x7' or a 10'x9'

Beachbub umbrellas. They are a bit pricey but quality is incredible and they can withstand a LOT of wind. We bought one last year and another this year to have a 2nd and you can’t tell which is which.

even if you didn’t use the sand anchors, throwing one in a rod holder would be a great idea too

That shibumi shade looks pretty neat. Only downside is doesn’t look like you can really hang towels from it. Love how easy it is to setup though.

View attachment 144174
Great idea

D4FF69AA-5E0B-49EB-91E1-26322AAB49FB.jpeg0918876B-C13A-4EFA-86F3-F3336713C3B4.jpegE09A5592-E347-46CB-B3E6-D8C6D75B5BE7.jpeg
we use this for extra shade in the summer months. It was pricey but I’m sure someone can make you a cheaper one. These poles are carbon fiber, they break down and when in use they slide into rod holders that replaced two of the transom cup holders. Hope this helps.

View attachment 144630View attachment 144631View attachment 144632
we use this for extra shade in the summer months. It was pricey but I’m sure someone can make you a cheaper one. These poles are carbon fiber, they break down and when in use they slide into rod holders that replaced two of the transom cup holders. Hope this helps.
How did you get rod holders in there on yours? I tried that on my 212 and the compartment under the cup holders was too shallow.

How did you get rod holders in there on yours? I tried that on my 212 and the compartment under the cup holders was too shallow.
@Patman941 Nevermind I see in the last pic you have a 242. FYI your profile shows 19ft.

@Patman941 Nevermind I see in the last pic you have a 242. FYI your profile shows 19ft.
So it does. Thanks. Updated. I think that was when I was dreaming of a boat. My dream started with the 19’ and evolved into the 24’.

So it does. Thanks. Updated. I think that was when I was dreaming of a boat. My dream started with the 19’ and evolved into the 24’.
My dream started at 19 as well. I wish I would have dreamed of 5 more feet instead of 2 :banghead:

How does the shibumi work if there is little wind?

How does the shibumi work if there is little wind?
Great even in a slight breeze. Here where I live there is always a breeze good enough for it.

Back