• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best source for NGK CR9EB plugs?

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What is the best current source and good market price for the CR9EB plugs? Is it better to buy them in bulk? The previous owner had a 10-pack box, I'm not sure where he got them from.

I've seen prices online ranging between $3.50 - $10, and that makes a significant difference if you're buying 8 at a time.

Thanks!

I buy them from Advance http://m.advanceautoparts.com/mt/sh...k-plug-cr9eb-6955/18090248-P?searchTerm=cr9eb

Some months they will offer a steep discount. Currently they are offering a 20% off code in exchange for your email address bringing them down to around $3.10 each. The last two years I have bought them during sales that brought the total down to around $21 including tax.

I order online and pick up at the closest store.

Thanks! My boat is winterized now, but I want to have a spare set, so I'm not in a huge hurry. What's the best way to keep an eye on sales?

Thanks! My boat is winterized now, but I want to have a spare set, so I'm not in a huge hurry. What's the best way to keep an eye on sales?

Sign up for the 20% off coupon then you will be on their email mailing list. But the difference in the current 20% off deal and the best price I have received is only $6 for a set of 8.

I also have to factor in the price of shipping & exchange rate. I'm in Canada; I just called around and found a local deal for $5.99 each, which may be my best bet overall.

Price shows as $32.17 + $9.21 shipping = $41.38 ($5.17 USD per plug).

I just found this source:
http://www.clubplug.ca/en/search/find/CR9EB
$42.66 (CAD) / free shipping ~= $32.08 USD for a box of 10 which is $3.20 USD per plug.

From the sounds of it this "ClubPlug.ca" site may be my way to go. You guys will be flocking to Canada soon for the cheaper prices! Quite a turn around from a few years ago (I actually bought my boat in MI last year when the exchange was 1.09.....now its 1.34!!!!)

The site seems a little sketchy, but a quick search showed some "positive" experiences on various forums, etc. I've ordered the box of 10, with a gap tool, and including tax and shipping it works out to $54.93 CAD. The gap tool was $6.

I will post how I make out; but this seems like the best deal going for Canadians.

I buy 2 sets at a time (16 plugs) One set goes in the motors, 4 plugs go in the glove box as emergency spares and the other 4 in my basement boat locker. I have switched over to an every other year change whereas I only put 25-30 hours on per year. I antiseize them up good. The last set I took out after 2 seasons looked and ran perfect.

20% off at advance auto is where I get mine also.

I always Google advance auto part coupons and find one that fits my order, last time it was 30% off and saved me $50 on my new car battery..... Retailmenot usually has all their coupon codes... I order online and pickup in store a few mins later! I've even placed the order while driving there and grabbed in when I walked in store! Gotta love technology

Just an update for any Canadians here..."ClubPlug" from which I ordered came though; and I got 10 CR9EB plugs for $42.66 including shipping (+tax of course).

I'm not sure how this compares to the "RoyalDistributing" deal if you added shipping to the mix. Their catalog is gorgeous, but their website is clearly not setup for internet sales, as I couldn't get a quote for shipping, etc, and trying to navagate their flash catalog is arduous. Still; I think if you live close by to one of their locations, it may be worth it.

Oh, and I got a coupon code for ClubPlug for 5% off my next order ;)

Back