• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best tool to remove rope from jet intake of any jet boat / jet ski / waverunner

Solracfl

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
The tool is just the right size as it provides enough leverage to cut through rope that is accidentally sucked up into a jet boat intake. Easy to insert tool through grate and it’ll cut nylon rope easily. In less than 10 minutes, I was able to remove a large amount of rope that was tightly caught in the jetboat intake.

Can be bought on Amazon for $15.00.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And you can repel boarders with it also.

markallan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I need to order that, i had to limp back to the ramp last year. We could not free a line that got sucked up in the intake

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need to order that, i had to limp back to the ramp last year. We could not free a line that got sucked up in the intake
I hadn't seen this, but I bought a Milwaukee folding hawksbill knife for this very purpose. Thus far, I haven't needed it for a rope, but I went through a particularly weedy area, and I had to break it out for that. Put the rounded part against the shaft, and simply pull backwards to split everything in its path. I would imagine it would work quite well on a rope as well. Far cheaper options exist as well, since these seem to have exploded in price since I bought mine - I think I paid $20-25 at the time. I bought the version in the first link. They've got a second version now as well, which is the second link below: