• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bildge upgrade

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I installed a 1000gpm float activated bildge in the bottom of my boat and used the correct diameter bilge hose, but I would like to replace the factory bilge which is 750gpm with the same 1000 gpm bilge (bought 2 of them) . I don't really want to run a new bildge line. Any issues with just hooking the larger bildge up to the smaller hose? With it being a secondary bilge, I don't see it getting used unless something catastrophic happens. Having it on a float means no more dead battery too.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I installed a 1000gpm float activated bildge in the bottom of my boat and used the correct diameter bilge hose, but I would like to replace the factory bilge which is 750gpm with the same 1000 gpm bilge (bought 2 of them) . I don't really want to run a new bildge line. Any issues with just hooking the larger bildge up to the smaller hose? With it being a secondary bilge, I don't see it getting used unless something catastrophic happens. Having it on a float means no more dead battery too.
Bilge pumps need to have their own discharge hoses, I’m sure the directions of the pump shows what size line is required.

Beyond the capacity requirements for each pump to flow properly when one pump turns on it will try and push water back onto the other pump. If something catastrophic happens then both pumps will be running and each will need their own discharge hose to perform at rated gph.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You can connect to a smaller diameter hose but it will limit your flow to be probably the same as the OEM pump and cause the larger pump to run harder and possibly overheat by trying to force more water into a smaller hose. Either leave alone or install the larger hose is my recommendation.