• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2020 - June 21-28th

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As of right now, It will be me, my wife and my 13 yr old son on board. Potentially 1 more adult and 2 children for the crossings. I have been eyeing this trip since 2015 and have done Ocean outings to prepare for what to expect. The worst conditions I have been in is 6-8 ft seas every 2 seconds with 20 - 30 knot winds. Needless to say I won't be doing that again but we do have a plenty of ocean experience now and feel comfortable doing it.

My goal is to go with at least 2 other parties and be equipped properly for anything that we may encounter.
I do feel a facebook group for this week would be best to coordinate and plan. I can also set something like that up to make this easier.
Are you staying at Bimini Cove?

Phil Goshen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are you staying at Bimini Cove?
Still trying to get a place. If it is with the additional family, we will most likely find an AirBNB. Otherwise it will be Bimini Cove. I tried calling to get more info and the person in the Ft. Lauderdale office did not have info to give me. She said another month. Is there another way to get a rental at Bimini Cove?

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still trying to get a place. If it is with the additional family, we will most likely find an AirBNB. Otherwise it will be Bimini Cove. I tried calling to get more info and the person in the Ft. Lauderdale office did not have info to give me. She said another month. Is there another way to get a rental at Bimini Cove?
I used VRBO as well as some others.. many of the condos are privately owned.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They have been saying another month since November I would possible look at VRBO or Airbnb you can find some owners renting units there.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like 6/25.. Arrives at 9am and stays at least into the evening (Bon fire)
It says they have their own private beach club I wonder if the bought the old Bimini Sands Beach Club the images look great. @Andy S

Graemeshaw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi All!

I wanted to start a separate thread from the early interest one to see if anyone else is interested in putting a group together for these tentative dates. It will be my first time crossing so I'm hoping at least one veteran will be interested in joining us on these dates. I'm taking a few queues for afsigma's thread last year in the hopes we can get a nice group together. I have no problem socializing the crossing and working out any details on rates, etc to ease the workload if someone else whos made the crossing will step up and lead that part.

My dates are flexible - my preference is arrive in FL on the 20th, cross on the 21st, and return on the 28th. However, i'm free to adjust if the group preference differs and of course whatever the weather has in store for us. I'm current booked at Bimini Sands (VRBO) for 21-28th with a slip as well.

About Me: I've owned boats for about 10 years, and currently have a new-to-me 2015 AR210, which I plan on running it through its paces between now and then. I'll be driving down from Virginia with my 13yr old daughter so wouldn't mind meeting up with anyone heading down I95.

I'll keep this post updated with those interested/confirmed/booked.

Can't wait to meet some new faces and get out on the water!

-Jeff

Edit: Adding Confirmations, changed dates, tentative plans:
@Lowstar Bahia Mar 6/20, Bimini Cove 6/21-28 [Adults] 4
@Kevin Sargent AirBnB 6/21-28 [Adults] 4 [Kids] 3
@ThatJeepGuy Bimini Cove 6/21-28
@Hamp Bimini Cove 6/21-28 [Adults] 2
@Phil Goshen 6/21-28 [Adults] 2 [Kids] 1
6/22 [Planned] Group
@robert843 RW House 6/22-27 [Adults] 3 [Kids] 2
@Andy S RW House 6/22-27
@Gofish206 RW Hilton 6/22-27/28
6/25 [Planned]
@tim h Bimini Cove 6/25-29

Tentative Schedule
6/20 Arrive Ft. Lauderdale
6/20 Launch boat at Harbour Towne Marina $20/launch includes first day parking. $20/night to park here trailer must be attached.
6/20 Park Boat/Trailer at Self Park FLL email gm@selfparkfll.com attn: Stephen and mention Jetboaters for $10/day Thanks @Lowstar !
6/20 Move boat from Harbour Towne to Bahia Mar Marina, have boat fueled, loaded and ready to depart. ($60/night, Ouch!)
6/20 Stay at Bahia Mar Hilton
6/21 Cross to Bimini
6/28 Return
Has anybody taken a SX / AR 190 over this body of water .. if so how was it with the waves etc? thanks

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Gents, past trips Bruce organized a group beach lunch.......Do we want to add this to our agenda......We found an awesome spot on the north tip of north Bimini.........Waste deep clear water as far as you can walk or the Bimini cove beach.

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gents, past trips Bruce organized a group beach lunch.......Do we want to add this to our agenda......We found an awesome spot on the north tip of north Bimini.........Waste deep clear water as far as you can walk or the Bimini cove beach.
Sure, I’d be interested in doing that

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
We’re in, I’ve got the sausages and grilled onions and peppers 🌶

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I called Bimini Cove again to try and reserve a dock. She was very kind and took all my information. Said she was in FL and would email the request to the marina and let me know, fingers crossed ... again.

Phil Goshen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just confirmed ... and we have increased in number.
Baja Maria 6/20 - AirBnB - RW House - 6/21 - 6/28
4 Adults - 4 Kids
Excited - We are in for the group beach lunch!

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I emailed Nichelle our Airbnb condo manager this morning and ask about an update on the repairs being done at the sands and this was her reply. “Mike in honesty they haven't started any renovations as yet. They had contractors bid but nothing concrete as yet. Will definitely keep you posted. Yes your boat is confirmed for the dates requested. The slips are not preassigned but will dock as close as possible to the condo.
The rate will be $2.75 per ft subject to 12% taxes per night “
we shall see ?

jctaylor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We would love to join your group. We’re not jet boat owners but crossed with jetboater group July 2019.
We have confirmed at a condo in Resorts World for June 21 - June 28 and also confirmed Bahia Mar for June 20. Myself, wife and 15 year old son.

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I reached out to Bahia Mar for a group rate. Shes supposed to email me the paperwork to get in on it - It will be just for those that need the 20/21st. For the other flings going on other weeks, they'll need to setup their own groups.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While I hope none of this effects any of us it is something we may need to monitor the Bahamas has enacted certain travel restrictions.

"While there have been no confirmed cases in The Bahamas as 3/9/2020, The Bahamas has issued travel restrictions for those persons entering from select countries. Non-residents who have visited China, South Korea, Iran or Italy within the last 20 days will be restricted from entering the Bahamas. Bahamian citizens returning from these jurisdictions will be subject to quarantine measures for a maximum of fourteen (14) days.
Note: *If you are exhibiting symptoms of the COVID-19 virus, regardless of travel history, guests may be denied entry by the Bahamian Government.*"

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you want to use the Bahia Mar Marina for either the 20th, or 21st, I have a form you can fill out and email in with the group rate ($1.25ft, 40ft min) so its $50 vs the normal $60.
They're under new management and no longer allow the double slip option. They also only allow parking while you have a reservation, so you'll need to park elsewhere for the duration of the trip. The easiest way may be to PM me your email and I can email you the form. It has my personal info on it so I'd rather not post it publicly.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I messaged Bimini Brad about the pool at Bimini Cove. This was his response:

“The pool work was suppose to begin this montH and take 3 weeks. No idea if corona will impact”

I hope it starts soon...

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Who thinks this virus will affect the trip?

The state parks are all closed around me so I can't even get on a lake if I wanted.