• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2020 - June 21-28th

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Andy S and I are booked we have booked one of the canal houses at Resort World that has docking at the house. From what I'm reading I have concerns that Bimini Cove won't have any of there updates or repairs done before we go so I didn't want to risk it. We will be coming over a day after you guys on the 22nd with plans to return on the 27th pending weather of course. So if any one else decides to join the group they can have the option to come and return on our days as well @ifly4fun to offer a little flexibility in the trip.

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Andy S and I are booked we have booked one of the canal houses at Resort World that has docking at the house. From what I'm reading I have concerns that Bimini Cove won't have any of there updates or repairs done before we go so I didn't want to risk it. We will be coming over a day after you guys on the 22nd with plans to return on the 27th pending weather of course. So if any one else decides to join the group they can have the option to come and return on our days as well @ifly4fun to offer a little flexibility in the trip.
Sounds good, I’m also remaining very flexible to make the best crossing.

I did reach out to our vbro owner to see if they had any more info about Bimini sands and this was the reply which seems very optimistic.

Hi Jeff, Yes, most certainly. The infinity pool is being fixed up, according to the latest update letter we received this morning, it is to be fixed starting beginning February. " The refurbishment should take three weeks and begin in February." " quoted directly from the update letter.
Restaurants: "We are reopening the petite conch with a new outdoor expanded deck, Thirsty Turtle will start serving food then next two weeks."
They are awaiting bids for the ship store, but there is a grocery store just down the road towards the ferry dock that will have supplies should you need any.
The new owners seem to be committed to have all open and ready and running for the season.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Gofish206 it sounds like will be joining this trip as well.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Wisefam22 are you guys considering a Bimini trip this year?

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Updated the OP with those I think are going in this window and info on harbour towne. Is it spring yet?

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I also asked my Sands condo property manager Nichelle about the repairs and she wrote back sayin this.
“At this time we are under new management/owners and contractors have been flown in all week so a whole lot is about to be done. However their expiration date is for April “ I think she meant to say that they have to be done by April.

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our boat will also be crossing with @robert843 on June 22 and coming back the 27th or 28th depending on weather. We will be staying at the Hilton Resorts World. Not sure where we are staying the night of the 21st but most likely be loading boat early Monday morning and meeting everyone.

As far as the self park does anyone know their business hours?

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our boat will also be crossing with @robert843 on June 22 and coming back the 27th or 28th depending on weather. We will be staying at the Hilton Resorts World. Not sure where we are staying the night of the 21st but most likely be loading boat early Monday morning and meeting everyone.

If you trust google 24hrs

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

When are you guys planning on getting into Ft Lauderdale? I'm trying to talk my wife into renting a house on the water in either Ft Lauderdale or Miami for Saturday and Sunday night and chilling on the water there.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Wisefam22 are you guys considering a Bimini trip this year?
I might pull something out in early august. Right now we have back to back trips at end of june (wives family reunion) and start of july (alaska cruise).

Right now cant commit to anything sadly :/

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi All!

I wanted to start a separate thread from the early interest one to see if anyone else is interested in putting a group together for these tentative dates. It will be my first time crossing so I'm hoping at least one veteran will be interested in joining us on these dates. I'm taking a few queues for afsigma's thread last year in the hopes we can get a nice group together. I have no problem socializing the crossing and working out any details on rates, etc to ease the workload if someone else whos made the crossing will step up and lead that part.

My dates are flexible - my preference is arrive in FL on the 20th, cross on the 21st, and return on the 28th. However, i'm free to adjust if the group preference differs and of course whatever the weather has in store for us. I'm current booked at Bimini Sands (VRBO) for 21-28th with a slip as well.

About Me: I've owned boats for about 10 years, and currently have a new-to-me 2015 AR210, which I plan on running it through its paces between now and then. I'll be driving down from Virginia with my 13yr old daughter so wouldn't mind meeting up with anyone heading down I95.

I'll keep this post updated with those interested/confirmed/booked.

Can't wait to meet some new faces and get out on the water!

-Jeff

Edit: Adding Confirmations, changed dates, tentative plans:
@robert843 RW House 6/22-27
@Andy S RW House 6/22-27
@tim h Bimini Cove 6/25-29
@Gofish206 RW Hilton 6/22-27/28

Tentative Schedule
6/20 Arrive Ft. Lauderdale
6/20 Launch boat at Harbour Towne Marina $20/launch includes first day parking. $20/night to park here trailer must be attached.
6/20 Park Boat/Trailer at Self Park FLL email gm@selfparkfll.com attn: Stephen and mention Jetboaters for $10/day Thanks @Lowstar !
6/20 Move boat from Harbour Towne to Bahia Mar Marina, have boat fueled, loaded and ready to depart. ($60/night, Ouch!)
6/20 Stay at Bahia Mar Hilton
6/21 Cross to Bimini
6/28 Return
I just booked June 21-28. AIRBNB see everyone soon

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When are you guys planning on getting into Ft Lauderdale? I'm trying to talk my wife into renting a house on the water in either Ft Lauderdale or Miami for Saturday and Sunday night and chilling on the water there.
I would say around 4pm. The wives will be flying down around 630ish I believe. Still not sure where we will stay or when we put the boat in. What time do you guys like to head over ?

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Can someone please give me the lowdown on Bimini Cove vs Resorts World? I'm leaning Bimini Cove because of the floating docks and having our boat right next to our rental unit. The rest of the family wants Resorts World for all the beautiful newer amenities. Is this a happy wife, happy life situation or should I insist on Bimini Cove? If we stay in Resorts World we would likely get a golf cart. Any experienced Bimini travelers care to weigh in on this? I hope to maximize the use of the boat everyday since we are bringing it but how much time do you typically spend at the resort you stay at?

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can someone please give me the lowdown on Bimini Cove vs Resorts World? I'm leaning Bimini Cove because of the floating docks and having our boat right next to our rental unit. The rest of the family wants Resorts World for all the beautiful newer amenities. Is this a happy wife, happy life situation or should I insist on Bimini Cove? If we stay in Resorts World we would likely get a golf cart. Any experienced Bimini travelers care to weigh in on this? I hope to maximize the use of the boat everyday since we are bringing it but how much time do you typically spend at the resort you stay at?
I struggled with this decision too. I have made the trip twice. Bimini Cove is very convenient. The pool is a great place to gather at night. It s close to most of the condos in the Marina. Just avoid the back left corner and left side of the Marina. Also, its a quick walk from your boat to condo.

If you stay at RW, every time you bring your boat in, you have to idle the entire length of the inlet to get to RW docks. Also, the amenities at RW, depended on where your condo is, could be long walks in the heat. A golf cart is a must in my opinion. Personally, my first choice would be the cove.

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Kevin Sargent AirBnB 6/21-28 Me/wife - Twins 8 b/g - 17yrold Son - 2 adult friends = total 7

Curious to head count for each boat.... Hope my kids meet some new friends.

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just avoid the back left corner and left side of the Marina.
When you say avoid left, back left, are you referring to the N, NE corner? Just curious as to why? Do those areas still see a lot of wave activity?

Kevin Sargent AirBnB 6/21-28 Me/wife - Twins 8 b/g - 17yrold Son - 2 adult friends = total 7

IF we go it would be my family of four, kids include 14 yr old son and 11 yr old daughter. Wife and daughter would likely fly down and ferry over.

Is your AirBnB in North or South Bimini?

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I'm curious about this as well. It'll be me and my 13yr old daughter and possibly a friend of mine. I can add this to the OP for tracking if people volunteer their crew.