• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2022

Christiana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have requested off of work the last week of June! Hoping to nail down dates and get something booked by the end of the month.
We stayed in a house in Port Royal in 2019 and liked having our boat right outside the door. Plus the canals are so calm. Not sure what we’ll do this time!

Kevin Barry

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am definitely interested in going !

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have requested off of work the last week of June! Hoping to nail down dates and get something booked by the end of the month.
We stayed in a house in Port Royal in 2019 and liked having our boat right outside the door. Plus the canals are so calm. Not sure what we’ll do this time!
I was thinking Bimini Sands but will look at that option too. How did you get around the island once you docked? Is there a place close by to rent a golf cart?

Christiana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was thinking Bimini Sands but will look at that option too. How did you get around the island once you docked? Is there a place close by to rent a golf cart?
Theres not much on south Bimini, but yes, whoever you rent from will know where to get a golf cart if you want one. We went to North Bimini for a while and docked at Big Game, had breakfast and just walked around. Our last trip was only 2 nights due to conditions so I’m hoping for a couple days more this time around!

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Whelp...took the boat out for the first time since Bimini (I know, I know...) and she started up with barely a hiccup after literally not touching it since July - I was more than pleasantly surprised. First thing that came to mind once we were out there was man I wish it was this calm when we crossed over last year lol. But on a topic of more importance we were talking about the trip and apparently it's a strong consideration for this coming year...269897876_10106000957350267_988084082286511081_n.jpg

KWB5205

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm also definitely interested in going!

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just to throw it out there for everyone July 13-17 is the 2nd annual FL gulf coast JB group. So would be good to avoid that weekend if possible.

Personally, I would actually be very interested in a late July/early Aug timeframe between my kids school/university semesters.

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got a trip planned July 30 thru Aug 6.

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Christiana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are officially booked! We booked a condo at Bimini Cove from June 27- July 1. Monday - Friday.
SO. EXCITED. 🏝

AshleyPro83

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
We are officially booked! We booked a condo at Bimini Cove from June 27- July 1. Monday - Friday.
SO. EXCITED. 🏝
Bummer we just miss you, we booked from June 19-26th!

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I will share my $.02
If you are staying on south bimini, bring every and any type of bug repellent you can find.
They are savages and we could not get to our skis and out of the marina fast enough to get away from them.
it was impossible to be outside of the condo for any amount of time last year, even at the pool you had to stay with just your face out of the water.
We have decided if we go back we will stay on north bimini until south can get the bugs under control.

AshleyPro83

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I will share my $.02
If you are staying on south bimini, bring every and any type of bug repellent you can find.
They are savages and we could not get to our skis and out of the marina fast enough to get away from them.
it was impossible to be outside of the condo for any amount of time last year, even at the pool you had to stay with just your face out of the water.
We have decided if we go back we will stay on north bimini until south can get the bugs under control.
Thanks for the head's up! That was like living in FL. When we lived in FL we lived on a marsh and we couldn't be outside without being constantly bit by no-see-ums! Terrible! I'll be sure to bring bug a few bottles of bug repellant and maybe those bracelets to repel them. Any suggestions on brands of bug spray that works well??

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Thanks for the head's up! That was like living in FL. When we lived in FL we lived on a marsh and we couldn't be outside without being constantly bit by no-see-ums! Terrible! I'll be sure to bring bug a few bottles of bug repellant and maybe those bracelets to repel them. Any suggestions on brands of bug spray that works well??
picture the no see ums from the Florida marshes on steroids on South Bimini!:p
Besides long sleeves, long Pants socks and a hoodie to cover your head and neck, I found nothing that worked. Luckily the bugs don’t like me as much as some and I don’t have near the reaction as some do to the bites.
When we got home @ThatJeepGirl found some magic potion that was supposed to work but I can’t remember what it was.
Hopefully she will have that picture of it still

KWB5205

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I will share my $.02
Good to know! thanks I’ve heard this was a issue from other threads/research is it always a issue or just the last time you went to Bimini?
I live in Michigan and this past summer we had a ton of rain and the bugs were also bad 😬

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Good to know! thanks I’ve heard this was a issue from other threads/research is it always a issue or just the last time you went to Bimini?
I live in Michigan and this past summer we had a ton of rain and the bugs were also bad 😬
we crossed with the group last year, we were there June 27- July 2nd

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
End of July and august works for me. I’d like to stay for a week if that works for most. I’m now trying to think about where to stay. As someone asked are the bugs always that bad in south Bimini?

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I don't think @Valerie is emphasizing enough how horrible the No See-ums were last year...
They don't really bother me personally that much, only annoying for the most part. BUT last year was really, really bad ! Seemed like I had several hundred RED bite marks that were SUPER itchy, but it was probably more. WAY WORSE than a handful of mosquito bites. I'm from Wisconsin and the mosquito is known as the Wisconsin state bird... Last year's trip was bad

The nice infinity pool was nearly UNUSABLE because the damn bugs were so bad.:mad:
I've never stayed anywhere but Bimini Cove/Sands and have made several trips across. When I go again I will CERTAINLY look on North Bimini.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We stayed in on S. Bimini with @Valerie and the bugs are terrible from dusk-dawn but in the daytime they were non-existent. We got off the ferry at just about dusk one night coming back from the North island and ended up running back to our condo at Bimini Cove because were being eaten alive. Take LOTS of different bug sprays and when you think you have enough, pack more.

This was my ankle after loading the boat early morning when we left.

1641994259526.png

KWB5205

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We stayed in on S. Bimini with @Valerie and the bugs are terrible from dusk-dawn but in the daytime they were non-existent. We got off the ferry at just about dusk one night coming back from the North island and ended up running back to our condo at Bimini Cove because were being eaten alive. Take LOTS of different bug sprays and when you think you have enough, pack more.

This was my ankle after loading the boat early morning when we left.

View attachment 169585
Oh wow 😮 thanks for the info I appreciate it!