• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini tilt / "Height adjuster" stuck

shibumi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
2019 242 LSE - I can't get the bimini tilt ("height adjuster mechanism" F5V-U330M-00-00) to move. I'm not sure if it salted up - or maybe there's a screw to tighten/loosen/adjust it ??

I've sprayed it with Salt Away and some silicone, but it barely budges. I had to smack the crap out of it with a rubber mallet to get it to move into its other position (raising the front of the bimini).

Has anyone else ever had a problem with this thing seizing up on them? Any suggestions on how to get it to loosen up? I would imagine this thing should be able to move pretty freely once the knob is unscrewed/released.

I've highlighted the hinge/axis that I'm trying to get unstuck:

back.jpg

front.jpg

port.jpg

starboard.jpg

Try some penetrating spray like WD-40. Don't get it on anything else though. Best of luck.

Back