• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Bean Bag Chair

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does anyone have any experence with the boat bean bag chairs? My wife has bad hip arthoritis and since we boat in the ocean (Miami & keys) this limits our boat usage to really calm days. I was wondering if the bean bag chair would provide enough stability and protection to her hips to help.

Does anyone have any experence with the boat bean bag chairs? My wife has bad hip arthoritis and since we boat in the ocean (Miami & keys) this limits our boat usage to really calm days. I was wondering if the bean bag chair would provide enough stability and protection to her hips to help.
This is more a question between her and her doctor. We don't have her medical files to make the call either way.

Having said that, if you want to try it, just buy a bean bag from your local supplier for her to try - there's nothing special about a "boat bean bag chair" except that it probably costs a lot more than Walmart.
:)

I have seen @swatski use them on his Parker, they look pretty comfortable. Many pictures with them in use in this thread. https://jetboaters.net/threads/movi...use-its-atlantic-northeast.30554/#post-496140
Pretty sure he uses OT Longnecks.

Last edited:
This is more a question between her and her doctor. We don't have her medical files to make the call either way.

Having said that, if you want to try it, just buy a bean bag from your local supplier for her to try - there's nothing special about a "boat bean bag chair" except that it probably costs a lot more than Walmart.
:)
Thanks, I was looking for more of someones experence with how secure your held and how much bounce they absorb, not medical advise :D

They are very comfortable and are great at absorbing bounce. The drawback is that they are really big, ours took up too much space on a 212X so we never rode with it. A lot of the 25'+ center consoles can't live without them.

I bought a couple of Wise seats for my boats and I’m satisfied. I always sit on it during meals onboard and of course, when I get tired from fishing and swimming. The feel of the high-back design is so comfy and soothing. I don’t ever slouch as the foam padding remains firm.

Do you have a picture of your Wise seat on your "2008 Axis GT 24". This thread is about marine bean bag chairs. Do you have a link to the Wise seat you are posting about?

Last edited:
Big boat people rave about them. Sat in one at the boat show over the weekend, and it was pretty comfy, felt like you'd stay put in anything but the roughest stuff.

I have two cheaper ones from Wally World. I didn't want to make that big of an investment in the "nice" ones not knowing if they would work well.

THEY DO !! THEY WORK GREAT !!

They are several years old and several trips to Bimini old now though. They need Re-filling or replacement soon. The "beans" are getting compressed and the bags aren't as FULL. They were in use this past weekend :winkingthumbsup"

Back