• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boating mag 275SD test

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If and that's a huge (IF) I were to buy a boat over a $100k, I want to be able to sleep on it

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Too costly and frankly not attractive at all. Those side glass areas are (in my opinion) the ugliest things i have seen out of Yamaha, dont like the square loungers, and gas at $4 gallon, 90 gallons is $360 for a day of water sport play, but I did like the in water seats. $129,000 that's exactly $100,000 more than my 2006.

Lawman25

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Too costly and frankly not attractive at all. Those side glass areas are (in my opinion) the ugliest things i have seen out of Yamaha, dont like the square loungers, and gas at $4 gallon, 90 gallons is $360 for a day of water sport play, but I did like the in water seats. $129,000 that's exactly $100,000 more than my 2006.
I agree 100% on the looks, it is an ugly boat. I was really hoping for a lot more from Yamaha on this boat and am very disappointed. My next boat will be 25-27ft, so it looks like I'll be going back to a stern drive

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think if Yamaha upped the size of the pumps and got back to a naturally aspirated engine the performance and consumption would be better. Remember the old jet boats? Throwing tails and hauling ass. Berkley Pumps and torque = I feel the need for speed!

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
This is a 275 thread....? Got that post in tho