• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

California Compliant Yamaha Boats

RD23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NA
Hello,
I have been receiving some conflicting information about the Yamaha AR210. One dealer is telling me it is not legal in California, one is telling me it is. Does anyone know what the truth is and where I can find the information? Please help! Thank you very much in advance.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
AR210 has Tr1’s right? I don’t see how it wouldn’t be Cali compliant. They’re naturally aspirated motors. The only motors I thought there was an issue with were the SHO/SVHO motors in the 192/195’s and now some of the 255’s and 275’s.

RD23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NA
AR210 has Tr1’s right? I don’t see how it wouldn’t be Cali compliant. They’re naturally aspirated motors. The only motors I thought there was an issue with were the SHO/SVHO motors in the 192/195’s and now some of the 255’s and 275’s.
So the TR-1 motor is not California Compliant?

RD23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NA
That would be amazing! That boat I want is a AR210, I've decided but a shop here in California is saying it is not compliant and I can't find the info anywhere. The 212S seems great too but if I could save the 12k I would be happier that way

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yes it’s legal. Only SVHO ones are not, but somehow SVHO is legal on jet skis. Go figure. Gotta love CA.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What was the dealer saying and the boat he is steering you to? Are you talking to a California Dealer? If not than you should to get the correct info.

RD23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NA
Yes it’s legal. Only SVHO ones are not, but somehow SVHO is legal on jet skis. Go figure. Gotta love CA.
Alright, thank you! I thought it was but this deal is irritating me and confusing me. And yes, California sure makes life great and easy

RD23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NA
What was the dealer saying and the boat he is steering you to? Are you talking to a California Dealer? If not than you should to get the correct info.
The dealer is just saying it is not legal and they want to sell me a 212S

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There are specific “4 star” models for California that have cats aren’t there?
Checked my 2018 service manual for 21fters and there is not a 4 star model of AR210 but there is of the 212.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

RD23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NA
What sucks is a California dealer says its not legal but an none California dealer says it is. Obviously that would seem its not compliant but I don't want to accept that because its the boat I want haha

RD23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NA
Checked my 2018 service manual for 21fters and there is not a 4 star model of AR210 but there is of the 212.
Freaking California sucks!
Thank you for the info! Its disappoint info but I just need to know what is real and not

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I know from earlier posts here in these forums that the 2021 210 FSH models could not be sold in Ca due to emissions. There were new emission regs that went into affect at the beginning of 2021, along with some other truly ridiculous regs slated for the future.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, hypothetically, if I purchased a Yamaha outside of California and had to move there I couldn't bring my boat with me?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So, hypothetically, if I purchased a Yamaha outside of California and had to move there I couldn't bring my boat with me?
Not right away under current law If the boat is not compliant.

You have to wait a year, or 7500 miles per ca regs. It may very well get to a point you will not be able to operate “non compliant“ boats in ca. This would be consistent with what ca did to the trucking industry. CARB and the EPA have become run away trains when it comes to their policies, there is no oversight on these agencies. Same can be said about the ca coastal commission, which I’m sure had something to do with these new regs.

Ca also banned two stroke engines in fresh water lakes years ago due to their emissions.

For CARB to say boats are a “significant“ source of emissions is ludicrous at best. CARB said the same thing about dirt bikes, pure boulderdash.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd just move. Seems like the best choice lol.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'd just move. Seems like the best choice lol.
Many have already left for various reasons, this is just another one.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

You have to wait a year, or 7500 miles per ca regs. It may very well get to a point you will not be able to operate “non compliant“ boats in ca. This would be consistent with what ca did to the trucking industry. CARB and the EPA have become run away trains when it comes to their policies, there is no oversight on these agencies. Same can be said about the ca coastal commission, which I’m sure had something to do with these new regs.

Ca also banned two stroke engines in fresh water lakes years ago due to their emissions.

For CARB to say boats are a “significant“ source of emissions is ludicrous at best. CARB said the same thing about dirt bikes, pure boulderdash.

Wow, I thought some of the BS they pull in Michigan was bad. Guess I am good now :)

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

These same people say nothing about the yachts, private jets, and hyper cars of their rich and elite though... But God forbid a mortal want to have more than their government compliant appliance.

They also want to ban ICE vehicles which would relegate people with apartments or street parking to public transit. Way to get a headstart in the race to the bottom eh?