• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cargo trailer conversion

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We sold our travel trailer a few years ago. I got tired of 10-12 MPG, fixing something on every trip (springs, wiring, plumbing, redo seals) ... after 7 years and probably 20 000km I realized these just aren't built to last.

So now my daughter is getting into dirt biking but I don't care for loading my bike (ktm 790 Adv R) into the pickup (f250) due to height so I bought a 12ft cargo trailer and intend to add a few creature comforts and basic mods:

3 motorcycle chocks
Roof fan
Cold running water
Battery and solar for the lights and fan

Steel frame, aluminum siding with no screws and 1 piece roof... so much stronger and built to last.

Anyone do something similar? I figure with 2 cots we'll be comfortable for a night or two.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very common. We see so many motorcycle trailers in the Black Hills with drop down bed conversions, or sleeping quarters. But then there are full fledged race trailers with lounges and shops in them.

The toy hauler trailers/fifth wheels are so common with the ATV crowd. That whole back section is a small garage where you can park a 6 person SXS! The ideas are only limited by your wallet and tow vehicle.

But cabinets/ water/ power up front in the V, and a couple fold up bunks would be easy to drop in.

Good luck,

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We did a far less sophisticated setup in our old equipment trailer. Was a 28ft enclosed that we used for hauling tools and supplies to a jobsite, then locking up and leaving there. Essentially a "job trailer". We would camp out of it 5-6 times a year. We usually stayed at state parks and such, so we had power and running water there. Then just some air mattresses on the floor, and a portable AC (vented out of the roof vents) unit to keep it cool. It already had LED lights in it that would run from either a power invertor, or a small Honda Generator (or plugged in at the campsite).

It honestly, was pretty freaking nice compared to tent camping. It was cool in the summertime. It kept us up off the ground, and warm in the winter time. We weathered a couple heavy rainstorms easily and without issue. It was really like a big, hard sided tent on wheels. Quite nice overall really.

Oh yea.....you could stand up to change clothes....which is a WAY bigger deal than you think it is unless you've spent your whole life tent camping and stumble into this situation!