• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CHAT GPT answers jetboat questions!

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ask it your favorite forum questions and post the reply

———

Are weeds a problem?

Weeds can be a problem for any type of watercraft, including Yamaha jet boats. When weeds get caught in the intake grate or pump of a jet boat, it can cause reduced performance and potentially even damage to the boat if not properly addressed.

To prevent weed problems, Yamaha recommends keeping the intake grate and pump clear of debris and checking them frequently while on the water. They also suggest avoiding shallow areas with heavy weed growth and using caution when operating in areas with unknown or changing water conditions.

If weeds do become a problem while operating a Yamaha jet boat, the boat's reverse thrust feature can be used to help clear the intake grate and pump. However, it's important to exercise caution when doing so and follow the manufacturer's instructions to avoid causing damage to the boat.5E3EDEAA-10F3-4BA1-B75C-5E9A2C35C279.jpeg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmm. It is kind of entertaining... Changing the plugs when it is at idle? Huh.... The problem is, is that someone is going to try that :(

1682561577248.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well it is absolute Junk..... See below.
1682562324479.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok the amusement wore off.... But my boat is now for sale for $58,000 if anyone is interested! I will throw in the pool as well for that price :)

1682562470206.png

rockinthesuburbs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Some colleagues and I have been utilizing ChatGPT for some tasks at work with relatively good success. Our department runs a monthly section in the company newsletter and we asked the AI to write an article, fed it some basic facts to include on the topic, and it spat out a pretty good baseline rough draft that only required minor edits and tweaking. Easily saving a few hours worth of work for an individual. We're playing with it right now to incorporate employee reviews - ask it to write a review, feed it the employee strong points and weak points and things to work on. It's not perfect by any means, but it's pretty impressive for some of those tasks and the time savings efforts that can be realized.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Some colleagues and I have been utilizing ChatGPT for some tasks at work with relatively good success. Our department runs a monthly section in the company newsletter and we asked the AI to write an article, fed it some basic facts to include on the topic, and it spat out a pretty good baseline rough draft that only required minor edits and tweaking. Easily saving a few hours worth of work for an individual. We're playing with it right now to incorporate employee reviews - ask it to write a review, feed it the employee strong points and weak points and things to work on. It's not perfect by any means, but it's pretty impressive for some of those tasks and the time savings efforts that can be realized.
Used for employee reviews? YIKES.

rockinthesuburbs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Used for employee reviews? YIKES.
I mean, most reviews typically recycle canned content anyways - especially in the military (Air Force). Writing bullets and a narrative is one of the most mundane aspects of a review. Of course there's still the one-on-one conversations that are tied to it. But for my production lead techs, having a tool that would help them fill out a form that would normally take several hours to hash out for them in a matter of minutes is great. In my mind, it creates more of a baseline that can easily be edited and tailored as needed, but takes the grunt of the effort to generate off their back.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I mean, most reviews typically recycle canned content anyways - especially in the military (Air Force). Writing bullets and a narrative is one of the most mundane aspects of a review. Of course there's still the one-on-one conversations that are tied to it. But for my production lead techs, having a tool that would help them fill out a form that would normally take several hours to hash out for them in a matter of minutes is great. In my mind, it creates more of a baseline that can easily be edited and tailored as needed, but takes the grunt of the effort to generate off their back.
I used to have to do reviews for 15 people each year, the back and forth I had with my bosses was ridiculous.. it got to a point where I told my boss after like the fifth edit on one eval, “If you require further edits and attempted down grading of my staffs evaluation I suggest that you do all the evaluations in the future as you are trying to ghost write all of my staffs evals and you do not supervise them on a daily basis, you are suggesting evaluating their performance on the some of their performance as opposed to the sum”. Again, the micro management was ridiculous, so I get the usefulness of getting a draft written up for you, albeit for different reasons. After being required to attend reeducation camp again ( management training-that my bosses obviously never attended) I started having my staff write their own evals then I’d discuss said evals with them and I’d do the final draft.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guardrails for chatGPT and other LLM's

I have found chatGPT useful when the topic is well understood and well read.. I have been using it to generate contextually correct c++ code for parallel decomposition... its not perfect and since I know what and how to do it it saves time writing the source code... was able to speed up the CPU portion of a porous media computational fluid dynamics code by a factor of 8 in about 20 min last week... GPU's keep me in Beer, Gas, Bullets and Boats [flag]

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

I have found chatGPT useful when the topic is well understood and well read.. I have been using it to generate contextually correct c++ code for parallel decomposition... its not perfect and since I know what and how to do it it saves time writing the source code... was able to speed up the CPU portion of a porous media computational fluid dynamics code by a factor of 8 in about 20 min last week... GPU's keep me in Beer, Gas, Bullets and Boats [flag]
WTF did you just say.

Sounds like your the guy we need to re-write the code the Connext screens.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I have been finding when using GPT for functional F# and object programming C# as well big data modeling that it can add a bit, but it lacks creativity, insight and style where out of the box thinking and development is concerned. It is unable to solve complex multi dimensional problems.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been finding when using GPT for functional F# and object programming C# as well big data modeling that it can add a bit, but it lacks creativity, insight and style where out of the box thinking and development is concerned. It is unable to solve complex multi dimensional problems.
I agree i'm not using it for the math, i'm just using it where I know the math can be done in parallel... oh and im not that good at typing... I think of of it as having read all the books (which i have forgotten the details) and it can generate an example... not the science

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WTF did you just say.

Sounds like your the guy we need to re-write the code the Connext screens.
no im not an applications guy I'm a systems guy... Im a short timer.. I been bit twiddling for Science, manufacturing and defense for 45 years...

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
GPT 4 is great (can't wait for the free version)!

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was reading an article on CNET about AI. At the end there was an “editors note”, where they disclosed that CNET uses AI to write ”how to” articles, but they fully edit and fact check them before printing. :rolleyes: