• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra jet fins are they worth it

toddgray519

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2023 Yamaha 222 x I have been dealing with the hard to steering in forward and reverse at low speed and need to improve it can anyone recommend what I need to do

thanks

100% worth it for me. But they're not magic. Read the posts here on steering, watch videos, practice. Do all of those things and add the fins, and it will handle as well or better than a conventional boat.

Learn how to exploit the abilities your boat came with. Practice, practice, practice.

Read the verbiage in this thread regarding TDE and no wake mode for low speed handling. https://jetboaters.net/threads/firs...er-in-the-books-here’s-a-few-questions.42057/. Based on what I’ve read here, my perception is that the TDE is not widely used with the no wake mode, this provides instant steering response

Further, you have two engines, learn how to split the throttles and use differential thrust to maneuver your boat like a boss.
Just remember, when you split the throttles keep the steering wheel centered.

A lot of folks here like the cobra fins though.

Back